Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can/Shoud I convert my 125 dry to 200 wet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can/Shoud I convert my 125 dry to 200 wet?

hey guys, i am having doubts in my 125 dry kit and i am now realizing that i could have went 200+ on my stock engine w/bolt ons. My engine cuts out and then comes back on in first gear while spraying the 125 dry...that is making me think the fuel system can't keep up and the FPSS is momentarily cutting the nitrous. Don't get me wrong, i picked up 8/10tnths and 9 mph on the 125 dry (and that was on an agressive NA mail order generic tune). i was thinking tonite of upping the fuel pump and injectors, and then thought, why not go 200 shot wet and just convery my existing dry kit to wet. Is this possible?? Also, going to 200 wet, can i still use my stock injectors and just upgrade the fuel pump. If so, should i get a boost-a-pump or new fuel pump...at this point money isnt too much of an option cause i wanna spray a wicked 200 shot safely. I also plan on heading over to Texas-Speed and Perf to put the car on the dyno and have them tune till it is spot on. Give me your thoughts at this point...what will be needed to convert to wet 200ish shot, what fuel needs, anything else i should look out for. By the way, the 125 dry kit i have is a Cold Fusion LS1 Pro dry kit. thanks for your help everyone.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HD1911
hey guys, i am having doubts in my 125 dry kit and i am now realizing that i could have went 200+ on my stock engine w/bolt ons. My engine cuts out and then comes back on in first gear while spraying the 125 dry...that is making me think the fuel system can't keep up and the FPSS is momentarily cutting the nitrous. Don't get me wrong, i picked up 8/10tnths and 9 mph on the 125 dry (and that was on an agressive NA mail order generic tune). i was thinking tonite of upping the fuel pump and injectors, and then thought, why not go 200 shot wet and just convery my existing dry kit to wet. Is this possible?? Also, going to 200 wet, can i still use my stock injectors and just upgrade the fuel pump. If so, should i get a boost-a-pump or new fuel pump...at this point money isnt too much of an option cause i wanna spray a wicked 200 shot safely. I also plan on heading over to Texas-Speed and Perf to put the car on the dyno and have them tune till it is spot on. Give me your thoughts at this point...what will be needed to convert to wet 200ish shot, what fuel needs, anything else i should look out for. By the way, the 125 dry kit i have is a Cold Fusion LS1 Pro dry kit. thanks for your help everyone.
Go wet and don't go over 150, esspecially with any stock fuel components and internals.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

Ok, it has already been established that 200 is ok/near limits of the short block and should be fine with proper safety stuff. And i stated above that i already know my fuel system is lacking. WTF? No offense Built LT1, built you really didnt contribute anything.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

What's up man? Sent you a PM the other day...

I'd pick up the Racetronix pump and hotwire kit. As well as a dry to wet conversion kit from any one of the N2O sponsors on the boards. That with the TR6 plugs and a good tune you should be set. IMHO I'd start with the 125 or 150 shot wet, do a few dyno pulls and then step it up to the 200.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Demon_Speeding
What's up man? Sent you a PM the other day...

I'd pick up the Racetronix pump and hotwire kit. As well as a dry to wet conversion kit from any one of the N2O sponsors on the boards. That with the TR6 plugs and a good tune you should be set. IMHO I'd start with the 125 or 150 shot wet, do a few dyno pulls and then step it up to the 200.
hey, yeah i responded to your PM. Well its too late guys, i bought a Racetronix fuel pump kit, fuel solenoid and all hookup ****, NX shark nozzle jetted for a healthy 200 Hp shot Yeah i am gonna have it tuned and stuff. Already got my MSD Digital Window switch, FPSS, WOT switch, and automatic bottle heater. I cannot wait. WOOHOO!

O and i almost forgot...i gotta give credit to Chris and Dave @ Nitrous Outlet. They are stand up guys and were super helpful at getting me squared away today.

Last edited by HD1911; 08-02-2006 at 07:22 PM.