Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous selonoid isnt working!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous selonoid isnt working!

Well i went through the process and took both wires from the nitrous noid and grounded and hot and it clicked on and off. So that means its not bad.

BUT

during the arming of my nitrous i go to spray and nothing. Only thing that works is the fuel solenoid. why is this?

I just bought a new relay from autozone and it was the same one as i use and for some reason no nitrous.

I have a WOT switch and a MSD digital window switch set at 3200 - 5800.

I usually test it by dropping the on rpm to 1k and then reving my enigne up a bit and hitting the wot and i could hear the engine wrap out really fast (to let me know its working)

But now when i do that, its just bogging down cause the fuel noid is working but not the nitrous.

any ideas please?
Let me go ahead and add that the ol relay i just replaced got some wet im guessing and it fried and caused the solenoids to stay on. I do not know how long they were on, but they werre to hot to touch. So io pulled it out and it shut the solenoids off. Now could this have damaged my Nitrous one or burnt the coil in it?

Last edited by crAzy95Z28; 08-05-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

What brand of noids are you using? I have had 2 bad cold fusion noids in the last month.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

cold fusion! able for a 350-400shot
Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

how much is the rebuilld?

cause i spent like 120$ on both noids from them.,
Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Default Solenoid

So direct wired your solenoid works??

Use a meter and check the switchs, if both of those are working you may not be getting enough amps to actually activate the solenoid.

Seems odd it works straight to power but not through your switches start there and ensure you check the grounding,
Old 08-05-2006, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

yes the nitrous works directl;y connect, but the fuel noid works under the WOT, but not the nitrous!

i doubt its any wiring, because i did a very clean install and is perfect.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

If it was "perfect" it would work!

If you have everyting running equally through the same system and the wires are spliced to trigger the fuel and the nos solenoid then the load is to great for the source, without actually "knowing how you have it wired or seeing it" that would be my shot in the dark.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:09 PM
12 Second Club

its weird. still cant figure it out. Any way i can take apart the noid and see if the coil is burnt.

I mean why does it work for a striaght conect but through the WOT it doesnt.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by crAzy95Z28
cold fusion! able for a 350-400shot
Well direct wire the n2o noids will click but they wouldn't open with pressure on them so I have the same problem you have with two different cars and two different kits. So I beleive this is due to bad noids not bad wiring.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Are you saying they will click when there is pressure to them but nothing comes out or that they won't click at all?
Old 08-07-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Hey we will make sure this gets addressed and taken care of you right away! Just spoke with CF and they will definately warranty it for you.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by srsnow
Are you saying they will click when there is pressure to them but nothing comes out or that they won't click at all?
No when there is no pressure on them they will click but when the pressure is on them they will not.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by 1MEANGTO
No when there is no pressure on them they will click but when the pressure is on them they will not.
is this an issue that happens always, or just some times?
im just wondering if the kit in the vett is doing it.
i have hit it a few times and had it now work, then all of a sudden, it works
i thought it may have beenmy wiring, but i did an A+ job, and itsonly some times
Old 08-07-2006, 05:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NitrousDirect
Hey we will make sure this gets addressed and taken care of you right away! Just spoke with CF and they will definately warranty it for you.
Thanks scott!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
is this an issue that happens always, or just some times?
im just wondering if the kit in the vett is doing it.
i have hit it a few times and had it now work, then all of a sudden, it works
i thought it may have beenmy wiring, but i did an A+ job, and itsonly some times

It works sometimes we both bought our kits at the same time. I thought it was too high of bottle pressure at first until It just didn't work anymore.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Give us a call in the morning and I will help you guys out.. We have not had any numerous calls on this issue so i can say its not a bad batch issue. There is always a normal explanation for why things stop working and the key is to figure out the cause so it will not happen again with a new one. It sounds like coil failure and there are many things that can cause a coil to fail.. leaving a solenoid on too long, poor conections, ect.. either way I will do everything I can to help. Ask for Albert 713-466-0100
Old 08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any mass produced product will have failures. No manufacturer is excempt. Cold Fusion has a lifetime on noids, so your covered if a product issue. Now with that said, some failures are end user caused. You wouldn't believe some of the ways guys hook up their systems, absolutely no understanding of wiring. I am not saying this about anyone above, but it does happen. I have had one noid fail on me, and just rebuilt it and then worked like a charm, and no it wasn't a CF noid.
Noyzee, sometimes on the dry hits, if not purging, it will take a sec for nitrous to get to engine. I have used this method (a longer than normal line) as a poor man's window switch on a dry hit. Try it back to back with runs, that'll tell if it's something for sure.
Robert
Old 08-08-2006, 02:15 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Robert56
Any mass produced product will have failures. No manufacturer is excempt. Cold Fusion has a lifetime on noids, so your covered if a product issue. Now with that said, some failures are end user caused. You wouldn't believe some of the ways guys hook up their systems, absolutely no understanding of wiring. I am not saying this about anyone above, but it does happen. I have had one noid fail on me, and just rebuilt it and then worked like a charm, and no it wasn't a CF noid.
Noyzee, sometimes on the dry hits, if not purging, it will take a sec for nitrous to get to engine. I have used this method (a longer than normal line) as a poor man's window switch on a dry hit. Try it back to back with runs, that'll tell if it's something for sure.
Robert
yhea, its not the lack of purge, it may do it the first try, it may be after a few races what ever.
but i do leave my arming switch on sometimes, not for an hour, but maybe for 15 minits or somthing. maybe that has somthing to do with it.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Did some checking. What we found was a FEW fuel solenoids were shipped to us as Nitrous solenoids. We then labeled them with nitrous stickers. They look the exact same, same size, same shape, same color wire as the PRO nitrous solenoid. They will not open up under nitrous pressure. Peter paul electronics shipped these to us by mistake. We have recovered all but a few. Other than that there has not been any mass issue with solenoid failure. Just a few labeled wrong. It only effected the PRO nitrous solenoid. All others have not been effected. Normally fuel solenoids ALWAYS have red wires. This is a mistake that slipped through the cracks at P.P.E and we have corrected it.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by ALBERT@COLD FUSION
Did some checking. What we found was a FEW fuel solenoids were shipped to us as Nitrous solenoids. We then labeled them with nitrous stickers. They look the exact same, same size, same shape, same color wire as the PRO nitrous solenoid. They will not open up under nitrous pressure. Peter paul electronics shipped these to us by mistake. We have recovered all but a few. Other than that there has not been any mass issue with solenoid failure. Just a few labeled wrong. It only effected the PRO nitrous solenoid. All others have not been effected. Normally fuel solenoids ALWAYS have red wires. This is a mistake that slipped through the cracks at P.P.E and we have corrected it.
so, if my noids have black wires on the n2o side, they are correct?