Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of preventative maintenance should I keep in mind with N20???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What kind of preventative maintenance should I keep in mind with N20???

I have a H/C car with 404rwhp on a stock bottom end and I plan on spraying 150hp through it regularly at the track and occasionally will spray 200 through it with a mixed high octane blend of fuel.

What kinds of things should I do to ensure my car runs good for as long as it can? I'm assuming I should change my TR6's every so often, check the main nitrous lines or something, ummmmm..........you know that kind of ****.

I don't want to be the guy who added a nitrous system and didn't maintain it properly.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:49 AM
JUICED96Z

I know more than a few LS1 guys that blew a head gasket or stock bottom end on a 200hp shot alone.

Not sure how the bottom end would like that H/C with a 150 but Ill let someone else answer that.

The race gas would help save a piston but you still have the stock head gaskets.
A good aftermarket fuel pump is a must.
If you have a quality system I think just plug changes with the 6's are a must, fuel filter changing, and N20 filter if you have one are the main things.

I think the max life for a 6 is 6k miles. I also run tecron fuel injector clean threw my car every season. Can never be to safe....
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Teching In

do what ever you can to prevent a lean condition!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

Dissamble and inspect both your N2O and Fuel solenoids too. You could do it everytime you change your oil or something like that.

Matt
Old 08-15-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Dissamble and inspect both your N2O and Fuel solenoids too. You could do it everytime you change your oil or something like that.

Matt
+1! solenoid maitenance is important. as well as plugs.