Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing on 100 shot ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing on 100 shot ?

Had car tuned a few weeks ago with mods in sig. Timing ended up at 27* total with no Knock Retard. Im thinkin of trying a 100 shot this fall and dont have a timing tuner yet, just a trick window switch. You guys think i can get away with that small of a shot or wait to get something to retard with??? Thanks as always
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutly. you will do fine. But, keep in mind that anything too much bigger and I'd have your tune checked, and maybe have some timing pulled.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

What is the best way to pull the timing out? Is there any way to do this at the track? I have an auto tap program to check for knock. Is there anything on the market for timing adjustment that u can run with a laptop and doesnt cost an arm and a leg? I have a 125hp shot and have no problems with timing at what hp level do u have to start pulling out timing and how much do u need to pull out. I'm planing to up the nitrous to 150 shot, just wanted to do some research first. Better to be safe than sorry. An help would be great.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:00 AM
FormerVendor

Any of the tuning programs (Edit, HP tuners) can do what you are looking for. If you want a stand alone device take a look at the LS1 Timing Tuner:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=308&page=1

It will allow you to run full timing NA and pull some when you spray.

Matt

Originally Posted by nitroushane
What is the best way to pull the timing out? Is there any way to do this at the track? I have an auto tap program to check for knock. Is there anything on the market for timing adjustment that u can run with a laptop and doesnt cost an arm and a leg? I have a 125hp shot and have no problems with timing at what hp level do u have to start pulling out timing and how much do u need to pull out. I'm planing to up the nitrous to 150 shot, just wanted to do some research first. Better to be safe than sorry. An help would be great.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:41 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the help
Old 09-03-2006, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Any of the tuning programs (Edit, HP tuners) can do what you are looking for. If you want a stand alone device take a look at the LS1 Timing Tuner:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=308&page=1

It will allow you to run full timing NA and pull some when you spray.

Matt

Hey, will the Timing Tuner do the opposite of what you just stated??? as in if my timing on my tune right now is at 22 degrees because i spray a 200 shot. But when i am tooling around town n/a on a stock motor w/bolt ons, the car feels neutered as hell and is significantly slower. I want to be able to put timing back into the car but then when i spray, it be pulled back enough for a 200 shot. problem is it is a mail order tune setup completely for when i am spraying that 200.

Quick Reply: Timing on 100 shot ?