Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purge Through Nostrils On Hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006 | 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Default Purge Through Nostrils On Hood

Soon i will be installing my MS3 cam, TNT F2 nitrous kit, and Walboro 255 in tank pump. I was going to mount the bottle between the back seats, and was going to get the Dynotune nitrous purge kit. I have 2 questions:
1. How and where do most of you guys mount your purge solenoids?
2. If i wanted to purge through the nostrils of my WS6, how do you guys get the lines from the solenoid to the nostrils? How do you hold the lines in place? What kind of lines do you guys use? What kind of materials do you guys use to make a T section so the nitrous runs out of each one?
While i install all this stuff im going to be taking notes so i can do a write up on the cam and nitrous install for those that have never done it before. Thanks Again
-Joel
Old 08-27-2006 | 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know for my purge lines, i had to go to the parts store, and get some 3/16 stainless brake line, and bend it how I needed. I just used some well placed black zip ties to tie mine down, but its also going up by the windshield, so its easier to hard.
Old 08-28-2006 | 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to do this aswell when i get my kit,
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

im using 1/8 copper tubing. not out of the nostrils (dont have nostrils yet) but still dual purge. im just using a 4an-1/8 compression-1/8 compression t-fitting. i had to piece it together because i couldnt find a 1 piece.
Old 08-28-2006 | 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

I know I've seen someone with a white ws6 that had a picture a while back where its purging out the nostrils at the time of the pic maybe he'll chime in with the pic. its pretty cool looking.
Old 08-28-2006 | 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Haha I hate posting it over and over but here goes... The n2o and purge noids are by the hood latch, more pics on my website. I need to get some longer line and re-do the left side to come up through the bumper support like the right side does... It's on the to-do list.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 08-28-2006 | 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad30th
Haha I hate posting it over and over but here goes... The n2o and purge noids are by the hood latch, more pics on my website. I need to get some longer line and re-do the left side to come up through the bumper support like the right side does... It's on the to-do list.

Rob (Bad30th)

that looks pretty badass, wonder if anyone's ever done that on an SS's ram air...
Old 08-28-2006 | 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Nice, thanks alot guys. If anybody else has done it a different way please chime in.
-Joel
Old 08-28-2006 | 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

I ran a hard SS line from the purge solenoid up the shock tower on the passenger side...then i put a flex ss braided line from the ss hard line to the back of the hood...the i bent up another hard SS line from the flex ss line to the front of the hood...and went into the ram air nostrils through the oval slot on the passenger side of the hood....and tee'd off inside the nostrils there to come out of both nostrils...if u really wanna see i'll post some pics ...pretty slick setup...Chris
Old 08-28-2006 | 10:04 PM
Teching In

Here is some video of mine - VIDEO, its on a GTO not a WS6 but same idea.

I used the dual purge kit from DynoTuneNitrous LINK , dont know how well the plastic lines will hold up yet to the underhood heat but it looks cool!
Old 08-28-2006 | 10:10 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by jwarren
Here is some video of mine - VIDEO, its on a GTO not a WS6 but same idea.

I used the dual purge kit from DynoTuneNitrous LINK , dont know how well the plastic lines will hold up yet to the underhood heat but it looks cool!
Very nice.
Old 08-28-2006 | 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

I just kinda skimmed the replys but I'll answer your questions.

I mount my purge noid with the other noids, which just so happens to be under the fuse box area. Your purge will go before your n20 noid anyways, so I mount them "consecutively" so that I don't need a line of any kind to connect them. Dynotune sells a T-fitting to make the purge a twin purge. You could also go to a hardware store and make something. The dynotune comes with a line, and 2 lines if you order the twin purge upgrade, which I went ahead and did since it was only $12 or so, saved me a trip to the hardware store and having to find all the lines and everything. The lines go wherever you run them, you should zip tie them down so they can't go anywhere.
Old 08-29-2006 | 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks alot guys, the more many of you throw in your ways of doing it the better it is for those that want to do the same concept. Or those that just want to know how to run or mount their purge solenoids/lines.
-Joel
Old 08-29-2006 | 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

harris speed did mine nick drilled two holes in the bumper and ran two stainless lines through the holes and then flared the ends so they sit flat on the bumper i painted them the same color as the car and you cant even tell they are there it looks like two rivits then he connected them to a t fitting under the bumper support and ran a custom braided line to the purge selenoid the best part is is that it purges up in the air not straight out and looks like a dragon its so clean looking and there is only one line coming off the purge instead of a tee with two lines im if sure anyone is interested he can make you a kit and send it to you ill have to get up some pics
Old 08-29-2006 | 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah i would like to see a pic on how your purging set-up was made.
-Joel
Old 08-30-2006 | 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

Mine is run through the hood, let's see if I can explain this:
ALL the solenoids are in the same place, I have a custom made solenoid plate that bolts to the head where my EGR was, The purge line is a 1/16" rubber hose that runs along the wire packs (really need to do the wire mod) and up the firewall, next to the hinges, and fished through the holes in the back of the hood, only 2 small holes were drilled in the hood one at the back near the glass, the next whole is drilled up at the front, where the baffles are, it has a 90° brass fitting (1/4 to 1/16) and two custom bend lines, pushing through the grill, I'll do my best to get some pictures tommorow.
Old 08-31-2006 | 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah the pictures would help me get an understand so when i do this write up i can have a few references to get ideas from. Thanks
-Joel
Old 08-31-2006 | 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WickedRamAirWS6
I ran a hard SS line from the purge solenoid up the shock tower on the passenger side...then i put a flex ss braided line from the ss hard line to the back of the hood...the i bent up another hard SS line from the flex ss line to the front of the hood...and went into the ram air nostrils through the oval slot on the passenger side of the hood....and tee'd off inside the nostrils there to come out of both nostrils...if u really wanna see i'll post some pics ...pretty slick setup...Chris
Post em up I want to see this as well.
Old 08-31-2006 | 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Likewise here....plan on runnin mine up the strut and down the hood...will the length of the purge line effect the looks of the purge? just curious.
Old 09-05-2006 | 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

For those guys that run their purge system through the nostrils or even the cowl by the wipers what do you guys do, so you don't worry about water entering the lines and messing up your solenoid?
-Joel

Quick Reply: Purge Through Nostrils On Hood