Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why is everyone selling thier nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is everyone selling thier nitrous?

if you browse through the sale section it seems every 5th post is a nos kit for sale...people own these awesome kits that they say have over a grand invested in them yet most every one of them says "only ran through 2 bottles"..so is there something wrong with nos? or do ppl just get sick of it really quick? i was looking to buy a wet kit but i dont want to be turning around trying to sell it on here in a few months..also, is this a good thing to buy used or are there too many little things that wear out (seleniods)?..
Old 09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Teching In

I have never had a problem with a used kit, and FWIW the solenoids can be rebuilt easily and cheaply.

I think nitrous is a "doorway drug" for alot of speed junkies. They start going through a bunch of bottles and want boost or something that they dont have to refill for their fix. Be warned, it is extremely addictive.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Helmsdini.... I think its a great, cheap option to start out with if you want to go fast.. Then when people get the feel of it (or addiction, whatever you want to call it) they want something more..
Old 09-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

take advantage of their losses,when you want to progress more,you can always start to stack kits together
Old 09-12-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am one of those 2 bottles and sold guys. You can see what I went to in my sig. I loved the nitrous, but saw its limits right away.

I did not like running out/filling bottles, did not like the WOT only use, and did not like the all or nothing hp shot (I know you can go progressive).

However, it was cheaper to buy than a turbo, and it was a fun kick.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Launching!

the reason so many people are selling kits with only 2 bottles gone through them is because their mommy or daddy found it in their car and made them sell it. or they live somewhere where there isnt alot of racing and they just want to sell it.

but yes nitrous is really really addicting, i had a kit on my 98 dodge dakota, 3 kits on my t/a, about to be no 4. and im about to put a 75 shot on the daily driver, 04 gmc sierra.

if u know how to be cautious with it and use all the right stuff you can have a long lasting kit and a long time of enjoyment with it.

btw, its not as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

I have bought 2 used kits and am going to be running them as a dual stage progressive on my new motor, hands down bang for the buck can not be beat. As long as you know how to use it and what you are doing when you jet it you should nebver have a problem. I ran a 150 shot on my motor with 200K miles and was fine, I know people that have ran kits on their cars for years with no problems. Like he said, their loss our gain!
Originally Posted by juicedimpss
take advantage of their losses,when you want to progress more,you can always start to stack kits together
Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got a brand new kit for almost nothing, the guy got the kit then a busa and wated to turbo it instead of having the nitrous.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Launching!

i just sold my kit and only ran 3/4 of a bottle, it worked great but i have a cobra now and am using the money for a pulley and a tune. its all on preference.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastcameross
why is everyone selling their nitrous?
because you touch yourself at night
Old 09-12-2006, 08:43 PM
7 Second Club

im selling mine cause its a blown 408 now...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/573063-nitrous-dp-kit-nos.html
Old 09-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Teching In

a lot of folks sell their old and upgrade to better systems, it is addictive, I am going to DP TO SPRAY 400 more safely..

Originally Posted by fastcameross
if you browse through the sale section it seems every 5th post is a nos kit for sale...people own these awesome kits that they say have over a grand invested in them yet most every one of them says "only ran through 2 bottles"..so is there something wrong with nos? or do ppl just get sick of it really quick? i was looking to buy a wet kit but i dont want to be turning around trying to sell it on here in a few months..also, is this a good thing to buy used or are there too many little things that wear out (seleniods)?..
Old 09-12-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
However, it was cheaper to buy than a turbo, and it was a fun kick.
I may do a TT someday...it will in no way be cheap and they will be up front. Nitrous is too much fun to give up that easily though. I run my car NA except at the track...then it's big fun city. BTW - while my buddy is icing down his Cobra to try to beat me ...i'm doing runs!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm going turbo. bowtieman pretty much covered my feelings on the topic. so, right now, i'm giving my brother my N2O kit to use on his mustang and am selling my F-body specific stuff and my more expensive noids.

If anyone is interested, look for this stuff to be for sale soon. Probably this weekend...the halo is already posted in the for sale section.

Nitro Dave's halo, NX lightning noids, Nitro Dave's back seat hump bottle mount and MAF noid bracket.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brian2006
because you touch yourself at night
In that case...I'll be back in a little while, keep an eye out for something badass for me while I'm "out"
Old 09-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
i'm going turbo. bowtieman pretty much covered my feelings on the topic. so, right now, i'm giving my brother my N2O kit to use on his mustang and am selling my F-body specific stuff and my more expensive noids.

If anyone is interested, look for this stuff to be for sale soon. Probably this weekend...the halo is already posted in the for sale section.

Nitro Dave's halo, NX lightning noids, Nitro Dave's back seat hump bottle mount and MAF noid bracket.
Be ready to spend a small fortune to get duplicate what nos can do for some pocket change .
Old 09-13-2006, 06:10 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001z
Be ready to spend a small fortune to get duplicate what nos can do for some pocket change .
aint that the truth... if i had known i would have never given up the bottle... way to easy and way too cheap
Old 09-13-2006, 06:20 AM
TECH Junkie

I know I personally have sold 4 kits because I can't make up my mind.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 AM
8 second mod

Im selling mine because i just dont have the time anymore and i dont want a $6,000 intake just sitting around risking damage.
my setup would probably be the last one anyone would have to buy. not much to upgrade to. lol

Old 09-13-2006, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sold mine to go DP....

Noyzee- did you ever run that setup? Thats a serious setup right there.