Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 TBSS Nitrous System - Inside Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 TBSS Nitrous System - Inside Please

Well, the bolt-on phase of this truck is pretty much completed except for an E-Fan swap but I am holding off on that until someone has a fully ECM controlled option for this. Next up is as the thread title states, bring on the juice! Looking to spray 100-125 hp and I have compiled a preliminary list of components that I would like this system to include with approximate pricing and I am interested to hear peoples opinions (please no brand name wars) on these components and if they think there is anything else that I could add to increase system reliability or performance:

NOS 05169 LS2 Nitrous Kit (Throttle Body Plate) $650
NOS 14182 Pressure On Demand Kit incl. remote bottle opener & bottle heater $530
NOS 16030 Purge Kit $100
NOS 15972 Drive-by-Wire WOT/Window Switch $140
NOS 15685 Fuel Pressure Safety Switch $35
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump $120

Total Component Costs = $1575

There has been some mention on other forums regarding injector upgrades, but with a Wet Kit is injector capacity an issue since it is directly spraying the additional fuel required? If injectors are rquired, any size/type recommendations? Progressive nitrous controller? One other question I had is regarding the NX MAF kit where instead of having the injector plate attached to the throttle body, you cut your stock MAF and bolt their injector MAF housing to your remaining MAF. Is it better to have the nos/fuel spraying closer or further from the throttle body (NOS sprays right at throttle body, NX sprays near filter where stock MAF is located)?

Installation will be done by Vector Motorsports/Katech Racing. I will have themdo their trickery for the tuning. I think what can be done is that they program the -40C blocks in the ECM tables with the proper nitrous settings and wire a resistor inline with the nitrous switch so that when the nitrous is activated it fools the ECM into thinking IAT's are -40C and in turn uses the nitrous tune (like magic )....Chris if I am off on this feel free to call me an idiot!

Looks like the rim widening is going to have to happen sooner than later. The spray should help with finishing these damn stock tires off rather quickly ....no ugly steel wheels/slicks for me, thanks! ... now only if they'd make a 20" drag radial!

Last edited by bbradyc5; 09-25-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have pretty much the same mods as me.. I'm running a Nitrous Outlet plate system with great success.. About 84 hp on a 75 shot when my motor was stock. You are definately gonna need a progressive controller since you are 2WD.. With my 75 shot, I couldnt even roll on the throttle without busting the tires loose.. I only saw about a 4 psi drop with the stock fuel pump, but now I am running a Walbro and some 44 lb'rs (to help with the heads/cam as well)
Old 09-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TchargedLS1TA
You have pretty much the same mods as me.. I'm running a Nitrous Outlet plate system with great success.. About 84 hp on a 75 shot when my motor was stock. You are definately gonna need a progressive controller since you are 2WD.. With my 75 shot, I couldnt even roll on the throttle without busting the tires loose.. I only saw about a 4 psi drop with the stock fuel pump, but now I am running a Walbro and some 44 lb'rs (to help with the heads/cam as well)
Are you running the Walbro 255? What type injectors are they? What about your "plate system".... some people say it is better to have the nos/fuel nozzles spray 6" or so away from the throttle body to allow better mixture.....is this why so many people seem to like the new NX MAF kit (nos/fuel is being sprayed further upstream of the throttle body)??? Any help is greatly appreciated. I am definitely going to start researching what type progressive controllers are available out there
Old 09-25-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

If its a wet kit the pump should be enough.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

oh ya on your wheels i got a sweet set of 17's with 4 DR for the track that is always a idea for you just you only need 2. that will be well worth the times at the track. I saved 24 lbs per wheel and changed the gear ratio to about 4.90 huge gains on my heavy AWD.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My NO plate does pretty well I think. It will hold at 11.1 AFR pretty steadily. I think the reasoning behind the nozzle so far infront of the throttle body it to atomize the fuel better. If you find a plate system thats designed well enough, you wouldnt have to worry about it, plus I think the plate systems are the easiest to install..

Quick Reply: 2006 TBSS Nitrous System - Inside Please