Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need bigger injectors/higher flowing fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do I need bigger injectors/higher flowing fuel pump?

I've been searching on the board for a while now and can't find an answer to my question. I'm currently on the fence trying to decide whether or not nitrous is for me. I've looked at several kits and I think I'd like to go with a dry kit from the nitrous outlet with the halo ring. My car has all the bolt-ons, a TR224 cam and LS6 heads (untouched) along with SVO 30# injectors and stock fuel pump. My car put down 411rwhp/401rwtq with the injector duty cycle at ~79%. On to my question, will I need to buy higher flowing injectors or fuel pump if I go with a 100-150 shot?

I'm basically trying to find out how much this is going to cost me when it's all said and done, then make my decision on whether or not I should take the plunge. Thanks for any replies.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

You want to keep the injector duty cycle between 50-85%. If you are at 79% NA, I would suggest at least going up to 36-38# injectors. At that point you should be OK with the stock pump (if it is 100%). If you added the Racetronix kit and injectors you would be able to support up to 650rwhp. If you stay with the stock pump monitor the A/F the first time you spray with a wideband.

If you go with a wet kit you would not need to upgrade the injectors.

Quick Reply: Do I need bigger injectors/higher flowing fuel pump?