Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring a progressive controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring a progressive controller

Hi I have a Nytrex 75-125 wet nitrous kit with an MSD digital window switch and FPSS.

It is working fine and I have decided to ad a progressive controller to reduce the shock to the tires when the nitrous hits, I'm getting lots of wheel spin when the nitrous comes in at 3,000rpm.

Here is how my kit is wired except the earth to the solonoids comes from the yellow wire on the msd window swicth.and I have a purge aswell.

This is my controller which I bought new in the box on Ebay in the UK for a very good price £50($90) but the wiring intructions are very basic.

Here is the wiring intructions that came with it: connect the black wire to a local ground, connect the red wire to the nitrous system 12V supply, connect the blue wire to the soloenoids-the other side of the solenoids must be connected to the 12V nitrous supply, and finally connect the white wire to the TPS mirco switch(other side of the switch to ground) or to the output pf the TPS switch?

That's it!
The controller looks identical to the HSW advantage progressive controller.

I'm lost where to start except for the ground wire! where do I put the red white and blue wires in relation to my wiring above.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by 99Z28camaroman; 08-12-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

looks just like the the one I have from harris speed works hit there website up for instructions. they have all kind of diagrams for hooking one up with your combo.

Last edited by Z284U2TRY; 10-31-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Yes that's why I bought it as I wasn't sure when I saw the listng on Ebay. I figured the decription of how it works and it's features are identical to the HSW one.

Ok thanks I have the HSW wiring diagrams I will see if I can work it out

I have bought a Jimmy Jams Nitrous ashtray switch from them so I suppose I qualify as a customer!

It's only 4 wires it must be quite simple!

Last edited by 99Z28camaroman; 10-31-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks I have looked at the wiring and I have it figured now.

Now I need to decide where to mount the controller only place that comes to mind is the glovebox. Unless you guys no of a better place!

Cheers Andy
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Well famous last words couldn't get things working.

This is how I wired it:

I bypassed the FPSS and went straight to ground for testing and bypassed the MSD window switch and touched the white wire from the controller to ground to simulate the TPS micro switch working. Then I press the mirco switch to simulate wot.

All that happens is the green light on the controller dims. If I disconnect the red wire between the TPS micro switch and the relay the controller then it works.

The blue light on the right flashes and the red leds light one at a time for about 5 seconds than it repeats. When I leave it for 10 seconds it is ready to go again.

When I disconnect the red wire from the controller and press the mirco switch the relay clicks as it should.

I tried conecting the white wire from the controller to the micro switch but as soon as I connect the red wire from the relay to the red wire from the controller it dims the green light and the controller dosn't work.

I followed the wiring from the HSW advantage controller but there is no micro switch in the diagram?

Last edited by 99Z28camaroman; 08-12-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Pm your email man so I can send you a diagram of what I have may help you.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

I still can't get the nitrous controller wired into my system.

I tried following the HSW advantage wiring without success.

It seems like the nitrous relay has both power and ground as soon as the nitrous arm switch is turned on so it switches.

This thing is kicking my butt!

I know the controller is working fine and I know my nitrous system is working fine.

I need some help to fiqure this out as my electrical knowledge is limited!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

ok let me try and help .

wire the system just like it shows you. hopin thats how you got it.

now for the controler,
1. hook up the red wire to the arm switch so it has power when system is armed
2.run black wire to a chassie ground.
3.un ground your noids from the chassie and hook up to the blue wire
4. if your useing a msd window switch slice in to the white ground wire from the relay and the yellow wire to the msd
Old 11-03-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matt at HSW, or Dean at Dyno tune, one of them carries that controller IIRC. Maybe they could help.
Robert
Old 11-04-2006, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

Finally I cracked it. My plan was to wire the white wire from the controller to the MSD yellow negative output which was connected to the negative side of the solenoids.

I then connectted the the blue wire to the negative side of the solenoids

Black from the controller to ground.

I used a different igniton live for the nitrous controller and routed it through one of the unused switches on my Jimmy Jams ash tray switch.

This way the controller will only be working when I switch it and the Nitrous arming switch on. If it's not switch it comes on everytime the MSD window switch hits 3000 rpm.

There must have been a short some where when I connectted the nitrous controller directly to the nitrous 12v supply from the arming switch because the controllers green and first red light would dim when I clicked the wot mirco switch. Also the nitrous relay would stop working!

I don't know why this was happening but now when I press the wot micro the nitrous relay clicks and the nitrous will flow when the MSDwindow switch hits 3,000rpm and the controller tell it to spray.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Next I need to fill the bottle and test the controller settings out. I will leave that until next year when I go drag racing again. Now I can put the 125hp jets in there and control the nitrous shot from my controller.

Last edited by 99Z28camaroman; 11-04-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Wiring a progressive controller