Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper nozzle placement on a Z28/TA airlid ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSkeet
So you mean to tell me your MAF is reading the full 250rwhp dry shot? You are not tricking the IAT sensor and adding fuel via the PE vs IAT enrichment adder? I thought the stock maf's only read up to maybe 500rwhp or even 500fwhp???????
Correct, MAF is not maxed out at 550 dynoed rwhp and will easily go to 600rwhp. No IAT tricking for fuel or timing on my set-up, and n/a a/f is 13.x's all the way through redline, best of both worlds. Injector DC is also a max of just under 80%. You normally hear about MAFs getting maxed on the boosted cars, and that's a whole different ball game and concerns different dynamics.
Robert
Old 11-24-2006, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well.... I really like where you have your foggers mounted in your lid. I like it to have the "uniform" look to it when you pop the hood.

What provisions can an F-body car make to re-locate the IAT?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Correct, MAF is not maxed out at 550 dynoed rwhp and will easily go to 600rwhp. No IAT tricking for fuel or timing on my set-up, and n/a a/f is 13.x's all the way through redline, best of both worlds. Injector DC is also a max of just under 80%. You normally hear about MAFs getting maxed on the boosted cars, and that's a whole different ball game and concerns different dynamics.
Robert
Wow, this is great news. I just installed a dry setup on my bone stock 01 Z06 along with 42# injectors. So I should have plenty of injector. I was planning on a 100 shot at the most, but maybe I will try the 150 jetting and see what the AFR is. I should also hook up a FP gauge though, as I am using a stock pump. Also have a stock clutch, so maybe I should just stick to the 100. We'll see

Here are my install pics before completion (blackwing):

Old 11-26-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSkeet
Wow, this is great news. I just installed a dry setup on my bone stock 01 Z06 along with 42# injectors. So I should have plenty of injector. I was planning on a 100 shot at the most, but maybe I will try the 150 jetting and see what the AFR is. I should also hook up a FP gauge though, as I am using a stock pump. Also have a stock clutch, so maybe I should just stick to the 100. We'll see

Here are my install pics before completion (blackwing):

Check out the wanted Z06 on spray pics thread for adding your pics. Do you have the a/f for your nozzle location yet? With the right fuel mods you could spray that bad boy big time. You know I am currently at 250rwhp?
Robert
Old 11-27-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
Check out the wanted Z06 on spray pics thread for adding your pics. Do you have the a/f for your nozzle location yet? With the right fuel mods you could spray that bad boy big time. You know I am currently at 250rwhp?
Robert
Of course I know, I am the one that has been asking about you spraying 250 through the maf. I think that is amazing that you are getting a 250 shot through the maf.

Yes I have a portable wideband so I am gonna hook it up and connect to HPT and do some logging. I will report back to that thread. How does my nozzle location look? Its pretty close to the maf so it should be plenty safe. I wonder if it would take 150 on a stock fuel pump...hmmm I want to get a FP gauge, but my whole idea with this setup is to keep the car simple...which I why I went dry in the first place. I bet a 125 shot would be perfect.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSnakekiller
Of course I know, I am the one that has been asking about you spraying 250 through the maf. I think that is amazing that you are getting a 250 shot through the maf.
Sorry, I deal with so many people on so many sites/threads, that it is hard to keep track of who/when/where.

Yes I have a portable wideband so I am gonna hook it up and connect to HPT and do some logging. I will report back to that thread. How does my nozzle location look? Its pretty close to the maf so it should be plenty safe. I wonder if it would take 150 on a stock fuel pump...hmmm I want to get a FP gauge, but my whole idea with this setup is to keep the car simple...which I why I went dry in the first place. I bet a 125 shot would be perfect.
By using a WB on your testing/runs, you'll be able to see if the fuel pump is not up to par. Once you have an established safe a/f on smaller hits, then you can start upping size of shot. If your pump can not keep up you'll start seeing a lean condition at higher rpms. this will get progressively worse as hit size goes up. A fuel gauge is a nice add on though.
Robert

Quick Reply: Proper nozzle placement on a Z28/TA airlid ???