Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We are proud to announce Outlaw Stand Alone Fuel Systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Tenured Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chpmnsws6
will the track let you run the regulator on the frame rail?

I thought i remembered Madman saying it had to be on the motor for some reason *lost*

Looks VERY good though.... very tempting to ditch my home brew setup for this
NHRA rules as long as its foward of the flexplate it is fine.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by Z284U2TRY
No filter? I take it this is a non return style setup? No pressure creep? Looks great.
A filter is a option that I can add on which isnt that hard, I just have never used one. There would be no point in putting a return system on this. For the amount of time that it is under load isnt more then probably 30 seconds if that. When I run my system, I do my burnout, pull up a few feet before the staging lights and then arm the system and purged the nitrous and we are good to go. Right after I make my pass I shut it off or after I put it on the bumper
Old 12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Outlaw Motorsports
A filter is a option that I can add on which isnt that hard, I just have never used one. There would be no point in putting a return system on this. For the amount of time that it is under load isnt more then probably 30 seconds if that. When I run my system, I do my burnout, pull up a few feet before the staging lights and then arm the system and purged the nitrous and we are good to go. Right after I make my pass I shut it off or after I put it on the bumper
so to make it a return system i could just take the gauge off and make up a line to go from that port to the tank? just wondering cause my setup looks just like this but i have the plastic jaz cell and i am running a return but i wanted to make sure i have it correct.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Tenured Member

Well most guys that run stand alones dont run a return. If you have it setup like this you should be fine.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

tony PM me a price on this kit... Also are the lines pre-assembled or would i need to cut and assemble them myself...may mount slightly different thats why i ask
Old 12-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Tenured Member

Everythings pre assembled.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Are you going to run a breather on the cell?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Tenured Member

No because technically the Overflow tube will count as a breather. These cells have the check ball in them so if you do flip over the ball stops it from spilling gas.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by jldak318
so to make it a return system i could just take the gauge off and make up a line to go from that port to the tank? just wondering cause my setup looks just like this but i have the plastic jaz cell and i am running a return but i wanted to make sure i have it correct.
Also you have to realize that these systems only run around 5-8 psi where you have the systems like Harris which run a electrical intank they run at high pressure and require a return. If you have ever see a carb guy running no return this is the same thing. "Dead Head" they call it.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Launching!

i need a breather on mine, i finished it up last night and i ran it with the cap off the cell, when i stopped and put the cap on the gas built up pressure and i could hear a hissing from the bulkhead at the top (where my return line goes into). ill have to figure it out but ill just put a roll over valve in it.

outlaw....why dont most people run a return?it doesnt strain the pump to hold constant pressure? i dont know this stuff, im just askn.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:10 AM
11 Second Club

Will a 5-8 psi pump be enough pressure? I thought that it would want the same 60psi like our electric pumps do. Or is this for people with Carbs?

I would like to do this setup but without removing the battrey. What about the side with the wiring harness because I can move that stuff..

Looks Greats though
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Will a 5-8 psi pump be enough pressure? I thought that it would want the same 60psi like our electric pumps do. Or is this for people with Carbs?

I would like to do this setup but without removing the battrey. What about the side with the wiring harness because I can move that stuff..

Looks Greats though
yeah 5-8 psi is plenty enough, some people like to run the high pressure system but i heard that a low pressure is easier to tune with the nitrous, and its cheaper to build. it is for people running this set up on the nitrous only, you can run it with a carb or with FI either way will work efficiently.

there is people running it on the other side too.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Tenured Member

yeah 5-8 psi is plenty enough, some people like to run the high pressure system but i heard that a low pressure is easier to tune with the nitrous, and its cheaper to build. it is for people running this set up on the nitrous only, you can run it with a carb or with FI either way will work efficiently.

there is people running it on the other side too.
Yes it is more the enough. The only difference you will have from a Low Pressure vs High Pressure is your Jetting.

i need a breather on mine, i finished it up last night and i ran it with the cap off the cell, when i stopped and put the cap on the gas built up pressure and i could hear a hissing from the bulkhead at the top (where my return line goes into). ill have to figure it out but ill just put a roll over valve in it.

outlaw....why dont most people run a return?it doesnt strain the pump to hold constant pressure? i dont know this stuff, im just askn.
No on a low pressure system it doesnt hurt anything. Like I said in the previous post it is similar to guys that run carbs setups with no returns.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Launching!

ok thanks, but it is ok for me to have a return on it if i have it the way i stated before correct? im just making sure cause i thought i needed one and put one on there and ........well here i am...confused.

thanks for the help outlaw.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Tenured Member

You can if your heart desires
Old 12-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Launching!

You can if your heart desires

lol, thanks.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Tony, feel free to use my pix if they are good enough. We know the it hits like a ****. Good work!!

See ya soon!!!!

Old 12-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Also you have to realize that these systems only run around 5-8 psi where you have the systems like Harris which run a electrical intank they run at high pressure and require a return. If you have ever see a carb guy running no return this is the same thing. "Dead Head" they call it.
The Harris kit actually does come with regulator springs to run at either high or low pressure.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by MiketurboLS1
The Harris kit actually does come with regulator springs to run at either high or low pressure.