Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMN window switch...spraying from a roll

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006 | 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Default BMN window switch...spraying from a roll

I just purchasesd a BMN window switch. I also just purchased dry nitrous kit with WOT switch. I was concerned with the activation of this unit. From what I understand the controller will not activate unless first gear is reved beyond the set high rpm. So if I short shift first to second and then WOT in second, I will not spray nitrous, or I will spray but not have the saftey of the controller? Also, say I'm crusing in second or third gear and then I mash the gas WOT and want nitrous. Since first gear high rpm was never met, controller is useless from a roll? I want to be able to spray if some one pulls up next to me at a roll, I dont always want to start a race from a stop.
Old 12-27-2006 | 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

you do know if you open it up.. you can flip a switch to turn the gear-lockout off...
Old 12-27-2006 | 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

just have to make sure you meet the cutoff point thru that first roll gear, then it'll hit after that
Old 12-27-2006 | 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

i bought one and it never worked right for me. Then they sent me another one and same thing! It would spray when it wanted to at the track and never from a roll. I tried everything. So i said F it and got Nitro daves window switch. Works everytime! Even my buddy got one and it hasent worked for him, he is contacting BMN about it.
Old 12-27-2006 | 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

I'm interested in this also. I bought one & my kit should be in the first week of Jan. hopefully. I already knew from reading that it wouldn't spray until the first gear high RPM is met with the lockout on, but I was under the assumption that after that is done it will be armed & ready for all other gears. Which would mean the system is armed & ready to spray but when used in conjunction with a WOT switch still wouldn't be allowed to spray until at WOT in higher gears.

So in theory if you were slowing down to race from a roll & slowed down enough to down shift into 1st & blip the throttle to get the RPM past the set point & then shifted back into 2nd gear but didn't stay WOT, the system would be armed & ready to go. So even if you started at a slow roll in 2nd after hitting the high RPM setting in 1st, it should spray as long as you are within the lower set point & WOT.

Or am I confused???
Old 12-27-2006 | 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

you cant "blip" the throttle enough to reach the set point unless you have it at 4500 rpms, as long as you dont have the WOT feeding power to the switch it will work