Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry nozzle w/CAI kit... help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dry nozzle w/CAI kit... help

I recently purchased a single nozzle HSW dry kit and I'm in the process of getting all the parts I need for the install. After reading a ton of information on this board, it seems like nozzle placement is going to be a problem. All of the nozzle maps are helpful but they all seem to be made for those using an aftermarket lid.

I'm currently using a K&N FIPK air intake kit. Heres a link... http://kandn.com/images/l/57-3022.jpg

Everyone says to place the nozzle about 6 inches from the MAF, in the neck between the filter and MAF. Only problem is that the IAT sensor plugs in on the backside of the filter... on the flat, back panel of the filter, on the right side of the filter (as you're looking straight at the picture). I assume its a problem if the nozzle is located after the IAT sensor.

Any specific suggestions on where to mount the nozzle and what kind of nozzle to use? I have a 70* nozzle that was included with my HSW kit. I've been curious about getting a halo or spray bar, has anyone had luck with those? Would this be a better option? Does anyone make one for this type of filter?

Thanks for the info,
Tom
Old 01-23-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, do what HSW tells ya. But anyway, if it were mine, I would place the nozzle closer to the MAF than 6inches, maybe 4. The IAT, unless your using it on the spray in the tune, don't worry about it (likely your not). It's the MAF that's doing all your work. Make sure you check your a/f, kr and IDC.
Robert
Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

I would check with Matt as Robert said.

Matt has a message board at his HSW site and I usually PM him through there with questions and post pictures of what I am talking about, just like a thread here, but its private.

They make IAT relocation kits fairly cheaply (want say less than $30). I am with Robert somwhere in the ducting pointed at the MAF 6" or so away. Possibly you could relocate the IAT you can put post MAF (the 99 Corvette IAT is about 5-6" or so from the TB).
Old 01-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

is there any risk if i mount the nozzle after the IAT, does it make tuning any more difficult or effect reliability?

Also, does anyone know if they make a halo or spray bar for this filter? Are they worth it?