Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If only it wasnt so ugly
Old 02-11-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scapaldo
If only it wasnt so ugly
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do you want to go fast, or do you want to go fast safely?
Robert
Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Staging Lane

What? 15:1 AFRs arent safe.. pfft
Old 02-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

After doing some testing like 860 suggested. The fuel noid is opening at least a second after the N2O noid.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

After doing some testing like 860 suggested. The fuel noid is opening at least a second after the N2O noid.
Time for a rebuild or a replacement, or converting to dry.
Robert
Old 02-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Brand new noids. And its a DP setup, 2nd stage is a dual dry though
Old 02-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

What do you guys think of my jetting though?
Old 02-11-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Brand new noids. And its a DP setup, 2nd stage is a dual dry though
Well brand new noids can fail, and that's any brand. Any massed produce item has a known accepted fail rate. Now with that said, try bypassing your wiring and go directly to battery with noid and see if it still does it, might show if it's the progresser and/or wiring. Sometimes progressing doesn't work so well. That's why I prefer multi stage. Dry 2nd stage, great.
Robert
Old 02-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

I should have mentioned, when the fuel noid is hooked up solo it works and pulses as it should.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

I actually wanted to do a direct port dry setup initially but I dont have a precise enough way to compensate with fuel.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Staging Lane

I upgraded my power wires and the delay is gone. The fuel noid activates as its supposed to when the controller isnt hooked up. Hooking up the progressive controller causes the fuel noid to open and stay open while the n2o noid pulses. Again with the n2o noid disconnected, the fuel noid pulses as it should.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Is there a wiring diagram for that CFN controller that you could email or link me to Robert?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Staging Lane

Anything? I just like seeing how things work before ordering.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:41 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you order the 2 stage controller you can control the resevoir factor that 860 talks about by running the nitrous on one stage and the fuel on another. You start the fuel first and have it come on faster and run at a higher start percentage than the nitrous.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:58 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I upgraded my power wires and the delay is gone. The fuel noid activates as its supposed to when the controller isnt hooked up. Hooking up the progressive controller causes the fuel noid to open and stay open while the n2o noid pulses. Again with the n2o noid disconnected, the fuel noid pulses as it should.
The pulsing is keeping energy in the wires keep the fuel noid open. IF both wires at the noids are equal length and sliced together at that point you problem should go away.
Ricky
Old 02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

So you thnk the problem might be the length of the lead wires after they split to the noids? Ill definately give that a shot. They split and the N2O noid has about 10" before the noid and the fuel has about 20" before the noid.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
The pulsing is keeping energy in the wires keep the fuel noid open. IF both wires at the noids are equal length and sliced together at that point you problem should go away.
Ricky
I don't get it, are you suggesting that the wires are acting like a capacitor just because they are different lengths? The length of the wires shouldn't really have any effect on the operation of the solenoids. Can you elaborate?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:59 PM

So you thnk the problem might be the length of the lead wires after they split to the noids? Ill definately give that a shot. They split and the N2O noid has about 10" before the noid and the fuel has about 20" before the noid.
It is dealing with voltage drops. ? is how do you know the fuel noid is just saying open. Or is it not opening at all.
Not opening at all makes a little more since. If the voltage drop on that wire, is high enough the fuel noids would not open seeing how there is not enough voltage to open it.

Ricky
Old 02-12-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by srsnow
I don't get it, are you suggesting that the wires are acting like a capacitor just because they are different lengths? The length of the wires shouldn't really have any effect on the operation of the solenoids. Can you elaborate?
IF your wire that is connecting to the noids is not of the right size, or you have an iffy ground. You will introduct a voltage drop. The nitrous noids coils are lower voltage coils then the fuel. The fuel noid may not open IF you introduce a large enough drop to take it out of its spec voltage.

Also once a coil in activated and deactivate it creates a back voltage flow. So the progressive is cycle on and off on and off. The noid will only close if the magnetic feild has collapse. If the off voltage time is not enough for the feild to collapse the noid will appear to remain opened. The nitrous noids collapse could give enough back voltage to keep the fuel noid open just long enough to have the ON power hit it again. All the time the magnetic field is trying to collapse but there is enough power that if appears to remain open. Just like a fuel injector in peak and hold. It takes a good amount of power to open, but very little to maintain open.

Hope I did not butcher that too bad.

Ricky
Old 02-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

I disconnected the noid from the D-block and ran the outlet of the noid to a container, activated the fuel pump, and triggered the controller, the n2o noid clearly pulses while the fuel noids just opens and stays open. Without the n2o noid hooked up, the fuel noid pulses as it should.

The ground and power wires are now as perfect as I can get them, no less then 14g wire anywhere, bigger where necessary.