Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DynoTune TPS/Window/Lockout question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DynoTune TPS/Window/Lockout question

We're putting my HSW wet kit on my car this weekend. My tuner and I were discussing my setup. Particularly my Dynotune THIS TPS/Window/Lockout Switch. He's thinking that it will expect me to see one pass through the rev range before allowing the kit to arm. As in, if I have 1st gear lockout activated so it won't spray in 1st gear, but I am out and roll race a buddy, starting in 2nd or 3rd, it won't spray in those gears as it should because when the system arms it will believe the gear I begin the race in is 1st gear. Is this how it works?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says in the instruction that the first gear lockout (when enabled) is disabled by hitting the programmed deactivation point.

Say you have two stages, first stage is set to turn on at 3000 and turn off at 6400 and then second stage has first gear lockout and activates at 3500 and shuts off at 6400. The second stage knows that you have already been through first gear by the first stage deactivating at 6400.

That's atleast my understanding of it.

This is my solution and hope it works...

Mine is going to be wired with a master arm switch and seperate switches for first and second stage. I can arm it when I'm on the freeway and want both stages (Or to select stage one or two independently) I can just shift to nuetral and rev it to the rev limiter with both stage one and stage two switches off. It will think I've already been through first gear, then I can just turn on either stage one or stage two, whichever one I want (or both ). Then when I'm at the track, I can still use the second gear lockout feature...

Good luck and get some more advice besides me, I'm just figuring most of this stuff out...

Last edited by Lythropus; 03-17-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by N4cer
We're putting my HSW wet kit on my car this weekend. My tuner and I were discussing my setup. Particularly my Dynotune THIS TPS/Window/Lockout Switch. He's thinking that it will expect me to see one pass through the rev range before allowing the kit to arm. As in, if I have 1st gear lockout activated so it won't spray in 1st gear, but I am out and roll race a buddy, starting in 2nd or 3rd, it won't spray in those gears as it should because when the system arms it will believe the gear I begin the race in is 1st gear. Is this how it works?

That is exactly how that works.

There is a way around that if you are running 1 stage. Basicly you would set up stage 1 with the lock-out, and stage 2 with no lock out. Wire a selector switch to the output of the window switch will select stage 1 or stage 2. This way you could flip a swicth in the car to select gear lock-out or not.
Hopefully that is clear, if not let me know.
Vinny
Old 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

but would by solution work?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got confused reading your post. After re-reading it, I think I usderstand what your doing. Do you in-fact have two stages of spray?

You have the output wires going into the car on toggle switches. When they are off you give it a quick rev which simulates 1st gear, then you arm one or both, and hit it.
If thats what you have in mind that will work also.
Vinny

Originally Posted by Lythropus
but would by solution work?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

vinny you have a pm
Old 03-18-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

not currently but will in a month

here is a modified diagram I found on the wiring sticky...I think it's from MR223 (spelling?)

I think I'm going to change it and put my FPSS's on the ground from the window switch...
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

quit bieng a woman and spray off the line and let it rip!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't drive as it is!