Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is nitrous cheating?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"nitrous? what nitrous? you have nitrous? i dont know what you are talking about. thats absured me spray ha." then you have them confused enuff to forget about that you did infact spray em
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Teching In

has anyone been to an outlaw race or a pro mod race and hear anyone tell shannon jenkins "you cant use your big 3 stage holy hell nitrous system on your 600+cid engine because i am scared you are going to kick my ***...i'll run you n/a"?????
Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

i here this **** from all the old school guys..they say its cheeting and im wtf dude if i had a supercharger you gonna say hey ill only race if you if you take your belt off..f*ck em their just jealous cause your faster
Old 04-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sbusby
Tell them to put up or shut up. Nitrous is what it is. I didn't hear any ricers watching Fast and the Furious and saying.. OMG They're cheating!
HAHAHA Fer Sure
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a baseball fan. In the major leagues using a corked bat is cheating because it's against set rules. In any racing if there are rules, and nitrous is prohibited and you use it, you are cheating. If not how can it be cheating. It is usually an advantage, used correctly. Saying you don't use nitrous and then do may be cheating but why say what you use in the first place? It seems equally stupid for anyone using nitrous to be embarrased by winning with it too. Going faster is the main reason nitrous systems exist. I use it all the time. Damn straight and why the hell not. If you beat me in race...that's racing...not you cheated. Run what ya brung baby!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wonderbread
Tossing a spike strip in front of an opponents car is cheating. Making your car go faster is not cheating.....period.
haha couldnt have said it better....

no performance mods can be considered cheating
Old 04-17-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can I plz see the rule book on street racing???? I was always under the impression it was the "Run whatcha Brung" rule that was the only rule that was applied
Old 04-18-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

I get so sick of hearing that. I don't win money racing, so I race for fun. So I try to race even or close races. The fun ones. So why lie in those situations? I guess the rest of you guys are either:
1 - talking about the drag strip
2 - talking about racing for money
3 - ricers who take the street racing thing WAY too seriously
Old 04-18-2007, 12:09 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Can I plz see the rule book on street racing???? I was always under the impression it was the "Run whatcha Brung" rule that was the only rule that was applied

My last street race the kid in the Honda made me run on street tires and no bottle. I told him no cameras and he said ok. His freinds came and watched and another honda kid I know was there that knew no cameras. Well he let his friend tape it.

The kid that I ran beat be first run, I got him second run.

Ran the kid whos friend had the camera and beat it by a car TOYING with him, easy launch, got our of it once then got out of it at least a 100 feet early. He still tells people it was a good race LOL and he knows I shut it down.

I only know a few import drivers that are straight up and honest, one is a built single turbo Supra another one with a B16 Honda, and another Honda owner that I used to know.

After that night I don't rust any import. Run what you brung, N20, turbo, who cares. When I told him I wanted stickey tire and bottle he said NO WAY. I told him we cna run again once I get my motor in and I will keep it on the motor and he said "let me get boosted and a built bottom end first"

When I confronted them about the camera they said there are no rules in street racing and big deal.

From then on out I said run what you brung. If you get bus lenghts put on you then all well.

I can't STAND imports now. Nitrous is cheating? Son making someone run no bottle and on a street tire so you can win is worse if you ask me.

It took a gutted hatch (no whipers and its a daily driver) with a big motor swap and a 1,000 pounds less weight to beat a high 13 sec car with a full cage and getting sideways off the line LOL. Won by like two cars. On the bottle I would have eaten him alive.

One of my buddies was there and said it was a joke and noted how I spent a good chunk of time trying to keep my car from hitting his.

I gave one of the guys there a big compliment about his car and he just looked at me.....

Still think its funny how he does not want anything to do with my car later this year on or off the bottle. He asked how much bottle I will have and I said "much more then you will have HP N/A, maybe as much as you will have boosted". You should have seen the look on his face HAHAHAHA

Nitrous is not cheating, if a Honda can throw on a turbo you can spray it LOL.
I love it when they say "you have a ton more power" I say you have a thousand pounds less weight". They just say "so?" WOW............

Called one of them a ricer and he said "ricer? I don't hace neons or a wing" I said "you don't have to have those to be a ricer"

RANT MODE OFF

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 04-18-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Teching In

enless you are at a real race that has a real set of rules N20 is not cheating, its like saying that becoues a python can kill a rat by crushing it a rattlesnake cant use his venom.... is it really Lying? i thought in betting or gambleing the term was Bluffing?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Okay, so now we're specifying: you're talking betting and gambling. Not just racing for fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Launching!

.......no........
Old 04-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I still like the spike strip idea instead
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
I still like the spike strip idea instead
haha yup
Old 04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi11z
.......no........

Thats a great T-shirt!!! I want one.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

if nitrous is cheating... then so is having wider tires.... racin is racin...
Old 04-19-2007, 02:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all of these replies have been very thoughtful. HEY ORIGINAL POSTER, DID YOU REALIZE THIS IS THE NITROUS SECTION and if you found someone who runs nitrous in here and says that nitrous was cheating, they would be be getting e stomped and have their nitrous members card revoked immediately.

someone should start a topic in FI asking is nitrous cheating, link it over here and see what they say, then organize a mob to have a never ending internet argument over in FI. then maybe somone gets real pissed off and tracks down someone they argued with and knocks on their door at midnight and throws a nitrous bottle at their head.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, i just figured it would make since if i posted it in the nitrous section because i feel like if i posted anywhere else id be told wrong thread. I like your guys input and I'm surprised not even 1 person is against nitrous. I thought it was pretty controversial and I'm glad nobody thinks its cheating I'm just sick of hearing crap from ricers telling me me I'm cheating because its not "all motor". They don't realize i can beat them without it too.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sbusby
Tell them to put up or shut up. Nitrous is what it is. I didn't hear any ricers watching Fast and the Furious and saying.. OMG They're cheating!
This is a smart man. Run what you brung.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Teching In

I dont think nitrous is cheating and i always seeing new spots they are hidden

Quick Reply: is nitrous cheating?