Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not cheating!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Banned

Holy crap I almost forgot about a funny story I have for you guys on this topic, cant believe I didnt share it sooner!

Last year, the day after thanksgiving there was a private track rental. I pull up there with my 98 TA (Mods at the time in sig), and notice there is a crowd around a silver Mustang GT, 01-02ish with the hood open. The car looked pretty mean, it had Pro Stars w/ MT ET Street Radials and skinnies up front, car had a pretty nice rake to it, from what I hear he had a good amount of suspension work.
I didn't go over by the crowd, just checked my tire pressure and started to head through the staging lanes. As I was approaching he headed into the burnout box to run alone (It was a private rental so there were times when you ran alone). I was next in the staging lanes and had a few friends run up to me and encourage me to hurry into the burnout box and run this guy.I was a little worried, the car seemed a little intimidating,and I didnt want to lose and have to deal with **** talking all day.Oh well, I then hurry onto the track back up to the water box, do my burnout and get up to the line.
This tool was still trying to figure out how to do a burnout, guess it is a PITA to turn the tires over on a Mustang.
Finally we get to the line and take off, he gets me out of the hole, about a half a length. I was leaving on stock power, I had nothing but the exhaust and the spray, no stall and pilled at 3200 so I was pretty much 60'n like stock. As soon as the spray kicked in I reeled him in and took him out by a bus length and a half I ran a 11.80ish, he ran 12.40ish.
We pull back around to the end of the staging lanes near the entrance to the track and I get out of my car and walk by him, which my friend Jim (GIMP98TNT on here) had already met with the driver of the stang. Jim mentioned that it was funny that he was blown, had all this crap done to the car and just got his *** handed to him, by a basically stock car. This idiot seriously turned to my friend, with me just behind him and said "THAT DOSENT COUNT HE HAS NITROUS." Me and Jim look at eachother with our jaws dropped, and he beat me to the punch and said "Well WTF you have a Kenne Fing Bell, you have got to be kidding me!" The crowd than laughed, the tool walked in the other direction and didn't take the car down the track the rest of the day.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Its not cheating unless you are trying to hide it.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1320FEVER
Its not cheating unless you are trying to hide it.
on the street anything goes... you would be a *** though if you said you turned it off and ran with it. i know a guy who always sprays but if you ask him straight up he will tell you nope. doesnt matter cause im still faster without my bottle.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris.shea
on the street anything goes... you would be a *** though if you said you turned it off and ran with it. i know a guy who always sprays but if you ask him straight up he will tell you nope. doesnt matter cause im still faster without my bottle.
I usually take my bottle out and show them its out. Since my car runs high 6's in the 1/8th on the motor, I usually don't have to worry..
Old 04-21-2007, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

spray is just like any other power adder you can bolt up to the mighty ls1. Its just usually the cheapest easiest way to make horsepower. I wouldnt say it was cheating but there is no reason to hide your spray.... its not like they can look at your lines and know exactly how much you are spraying
Old 04-21-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
tell em this aint fu(kin pinks! ITS STREET RACIN!!!
and in their mind a cam is cheatin. in my book a bolt on is a bolt on.
no kiddin with pinks you've got alot of bs with it. one of the episodes a guy asked for 25 lengths... what kind of a race is that??
Old 04-21-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not cheating not never and if its said to be a all motor race and they don't request i take out the bottle i simply spray the nitrous in my motor to make it fair my motor to his motor all is fair .....
Old 04-21-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
no kiddin with pinks you've got alot of bs with it. one of the episodes a guy asked for 25 lengths... what kind of a race is that??
25!!!!!!!???? i've seen 8-10 and that's way to much already. and i hate the races where lengths are given because something on their car wasn't working right.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Banned

I never understood why they negotiate for lengths at all on Pinks. Isn't the point to find out who has the fastest car? I can see negotiating whether to spray or not, that is fair. But lengths???
Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

I never ask what you have ,and I dont tell what I got. thats street racing. If they think there car is fast then line up if not go play with the other hondas

Quick Reply: is nitrous cheating?