Sponsored by:

progressive controller vs two stage and jetting questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default progressive controller vs two stage and jetting questions

I recently bought a fjo progressive controller. Few questions

1. If I have 150hp jets installed and set the progressive controller across the board to 50% will that be equivelant to running 75 shot just as if i had 75 shot jets in there? The shop I bought it from told me it wasn't the same but I think it would be.

2. Is it harder on the solenoids when they are being pulsed by the controller?

3. What are the pros and cons of running a two stage system with 100 shot on each stage vs running a progressive setup with 200hp jets running at 50% at first and moving to 100%. Would it be the same result with each setup?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by unclebens

1. If I have 150hp jets installed and set the progressive controller across the board to 50% will that be equivelant to running 75 shot just as if i had 75 shot jets in there? The shop I bought it from told me it wasn't the same but I think it would be.

3. What are the pros and cons of running a two stage system with 100 shot on each stage vs running a progressive setup with 200hp jets running at 50% at first and moving to 100%. Would it be the same result with each setup?
1. no that will not be 75 hp. Progressive controllers are for traction, and engine load problems. NOt to set the jetting hi and try to controll the final HP numbers.

2. not for the newer solenoids.

3. If your final HP is the same the progressive controller you can dial in a cleaner power applied curve. The cost of a single stage with progressive when dealing with new parts, you will come out spending less money then a dual stage.
WIth the FJOKWS0022 you can set up 2 types of ramps allowing different power set ups, with just a flip of another switch.
Dual stages are old school and the only + I can think of is no computer is needed.

ALL in all with the FJOKWS0022 you can have 1 set of solenoids and 2 different ramp profiles. You just can not do that with a dual stage set up, to change anything you will have to change jets or have tons of wiring either way, I like progressives.

Ricky
Old 06-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

a progressive controller is not a HP limiting device...it is a tracion control device. Jetting the kit for 150hp and setting the controller to 50% is still spraying a 150 shot everytime the solenoid opens. Jet the kit for the shot you want to run and ramp to 100%

Yes and no...being pulsed is no harder than opening normally, they are just cycling faster...instead of one cycle per run you will have many cycles. Most of the newer solenoids are designed to be used with a progressive.

with a progressive you have a much smoother application of power...a 2 stage is all or nothing. If a car starts to spin when the second stage comes in there only option is delaying activation of the stage...a progressive can just slow the ramp down

I personally like the large progressively controlled stage over a 2 stage setup....it is what is installed on my car
Old 06-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Just to add to what the guys said above the controller gives you the ability to tune traction to various track conditions easier than trying to change jets. This may not be as big of an advantage if you have 2 single nozzle set up but becomes advantageous when you are running 2 direct port set ups.

Quick Reply: progressive controller vs two stage and jetting questions