Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?nitrous buttons hooked up threw steering wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 04:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?nitrous buttons hooked up threw steering wheel?

Does anybody have experinece if this is possible. To run the buttons on the steering wheel for the radio, to open the bottle,activate,and purge the nitrous system if anyone has done this can we talk. I would like to keep the interior free of switches and gauges.

Also how hard is it to hook up a two step activation system for a dry nitrous kit. say on at 3000 off at 6800 also to keep the engine free of limit switches on the throttle body.

My goal is to pass tech at the track with them not knowing about the nitrous!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:49 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: ?nitrous buttons hooked up threw steering wheel?

You should be able to with no problem, I am far from an electronics expert, but I did that for my line lock in my old mustang. I wired the horn button to a switch and relay so that when the switch was in the off position the horn worked same as usual, but when I flipped the switch it activated the line lock. I'll see if I can find the diagram.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Here is the article I used....

http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/install-ll.htm
Old 05-05-2003, 11:46 AM
BMN
TECH Apprentice

6800 or 5800? I'd love to see your car run screaming along at 6800 if that wasn't a misprint. That would be awsome!!! You can hook up any buttons u want for that stuff, if you are willing to give up there original function. In the summer I use my rear defog switch to arm my N20, but I dont get defog. I just hook it back up in the fall/winter when I need it and its too cold to spray on the street.

OH yeah,***-- COPMAGNETLS1-- ***, the software for a window switch with 3k on and a choice between 5800 and 6300 with the first gear lockout should be done tonight. The one with the fully adjustable on, off, and cylinders will be a little longer. Ignition noise is giving the chip trouble trying to read the RPM tables, but the afore mentioned one should be done real soon and a lot cheaper then the fully adjustable one. I could even put in costum values to choose from like if you wanted 2800 on and a choice of 5950 or 6450. You call it, I burn it! Send me more mail. I'll fill ya in.

Quick Reply: ?nitrous buttons hooked up threw steering wheel?