Sponsored by:

N20 wiring help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default N20 wiring help?

Hello all!

How do I fuse my N20 components? The wiring diagrams I find here on the forum do not contain the fuse sizes, placement in the diagram etc. I have all my instuctions from Dave's but they do not show fuses or where to get my power from...I DO need fuses don't I?

Also, does anyone have pics of where they installed fuses and where they are tapping power from?

My system details...
Nitro Dave's Dual Stage Plate (78mm) on LS6
2 fuel noides, 2 N20 noids
FPSS
860 Automatic shut off bottle heater
NX bottle opener
Trick Dual Stage Window Stitch with an integrated Throttle Position Sensor

This is the diagram I'm starting to use as I like it's versatility, thanks to the creator of the diagram!!! Super job!

XOXO,
Ms Eliz
Attached Thumbnails N20 wiring help?-my-wiring-diagram-n20.jpg  
Old 06-16-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Instruction set I made for Dynotune. On most C-5's there is a pigtail in the passenger footwell that will support most of the switched power.

http://www.retrorelics.net/jim/Board...structions.doc

Use it for the low amp stuff. In my car it powers both stage relay controls, Heater relay control, purge (no relay), Line Lock (no relay).

For high amp stuff (noid power, heater power, opener power) I added a mini fuse panel (cheap 6 fuse one), and drew power for the lug in the battery tray fuse panel (Used 8-10 gauge jumper to the fuse panel).
Old 06-16-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally pull the power from the main power block on the fbodys. and for a single noid a 20 amp fuse will work for a 2 noid system i use a 30.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
Hello all!

How do I fuse my N20 components? The wiring diagrams I find here on the forum do not contain the fuse sizes, placement in the diagram etc. I have all my instuctions from Dave's but they do not show fuses or where to get my power from...I DO need fuses don't I?

Also, does anyone have pics of where they installed fuses and where they are tapping power from?

My system details...
FPSS
NX bottle opener

This is the diagram I'm starting to use as I like it's versatility, thanks to the creator of the diagram!!! Super job!

XOXO,
Ms Eliz
I got all my power from the fuse panel on the driver side. Pull that black cover off and you'll see the fuse's. You should have 3 empty spots. ACCY, BTTY and IGN. I got my 12v switched power from the ACCY and IGN. Take a standard flat terminal spade and simply stick it in one of those 2 openings and have your power wire coming from that. Make sure to fuse this wire. I have a 30 amp fuse in this wire because it controls all my power to my Nitro Daves switch plate.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you fella's very much!
Old 06-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

All low amp or control circuits can be 5amps, and all hi amps are going to 30+. For the most protection the fuse should be placed as close to the power source as possible.

Ricky
Old 06-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Ms Eliz
Hello all!

My system details...
FPSS
NX bottle opener

XOXO,
Ms Eliz
http://www.trickperformanceproducts....nstruction.pdf
Old 06-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Ricky! I'll get a inline fuse and install after Beers recommended power connection.
I couldn't do this install without this forum and all the knowledge I've gained by reading what you all have done before me...U R simply the BEST!
Thanks again to all!