Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW PRODUCTS, Black Series Display Controllers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007 | 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I love it........ Did you get the car fixed?
Dave
Left a message for ya with Chris, Slap him upside the head if he forgets to give it to ya
Old 06-25-2007 | 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn, so its all contained in the gauge housing?!

Yeah after seeing what these can do, how can Autometer ask such a nose bleed price just to see your A/F?
Old 06-25-2007 | 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

that s awsome!! i cant seem to find it on your site.did you guys just start carrying this
Old 06-26-2007 | 05:14 AM
On The Tree

Sure they come out a month after I buy my FJO stuff. Don't get me wrong FJO is good stuff but theses have a few more features that the FJO's don't like a built in FPSS and A/F cut-off. Sweet gauges and Trick Performance is a great company to work with.

Eric
Old 06-26-2007 | 05:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

How it is programmed?
Does it alarm in lean condition only during spraying, or during other WOT operations as well?
Old 06-26-2007 | 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

Ok guys. I am getting tons of calls and pms from people that are excited about the gauge's but confused by what all it can do since it has so many options. I am hoping this post will clear some of the confusion up. Feel Free to ask any questions.

THE V GAUGE.
Out of the box this gauge will offer the following fuctions.
1.NITROUS VOLUME USAGE.

2.AIR/FUEL READING. (Plugs into your wide band)

3.NITROUS SYSTEM SHUT OFF. (Shuts nitrous system of in relation to air/fuel readings)

4.Bottle Pressure gauge(Requires you buying sensor # SHP-1500- $60.75)

5.Nitrous Shut off ( You have to be using option #4 with the sensor for this to work. If bottle pressure is to high system relay will not triger)

OK,
Now that we see what it does out of the box lets talk about add on features. You are allowed to monitor one pressure using all the features that the gauge offers out of the box. This pressure has to be bottle pressure. If you do not have a wideband and do not need the gauge to be used as a wideband gauge you can use the gauge to monitor two pressures instead of one. So now you can add a second pressure to monitor. All the add on features require you buying the needed pressure switch.

Here are your pressure other options.
1.FUEL PRESSURE

2.OIL PRESSURE

3.MAP PRESSURE

4.A SECOND NITROUS PRESSURE

5.WATER/COOLANT TEMP

6.OTHER (any other pressure option you may need)

NOW THE P GAUGE.
Out of the box the P GAUGE offers alot of options.

1.PROGRESSIVE CONTROLLER ( Multipoint ramping with RPM and Time base options)

2. SHIFT LIGHT

3.WINDOW SWITCH

4.TPS ACTIVATION SWITCH

5.FIRST GEAR LOCK OUT/DELAY OPTION (Aids in traction limitied applications)

6.AIR/FUEL READING (Plugs into your wideband)

Ok now that we have went over what the gauge does out of the box lets go over add on features. The P gauge is designed so that if you have a digital out put wideband such as the new FJO series you can use the built in digital input that the gauge has. This now free's up a area giving you the option of adding a pressure to monitor. (You will need to buy the needed pressure switch)

Pressures you can monitor are.
1.FUEL PRESSURE

2.OIL PRESSURE

3.MAP PRESSURE

4.NITROUS PRESSURE

5.WATER/COOLANT TEMP

6.OTHER (any other pressure option you may need)

Guys let me know if you have any questions at all.
Dave
Old 06-26-2007 | 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
NOPE see signature. I just like checking the boards out. My consulting business has been fun so far. I figured no need to change the signature, seeing how I am the most informed on NX products, and I like helping people.

Ricky
Thanks ricky!!I see that you did edit your sig now! It's just that I have been having problems with fuel noids. I talked to craig today and he's sending me a alchohol piston to try!
Old 06-26-2007 | 08:02 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

So will the v guage display fuel pressure and nitrous pressure at the same time with the correct sensors? How much does fuel pressure sender and nitrous pressure sensor cost?
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:14 PM
Teching In

Hello tech members. Thanks Dave for the posting on the options of the gauge. I can answer any questions yall may have about these gauges, but I can not post any PRICING. I am here only as tech support.
The pictures in this thread do not do these unit justice. It is hard to get an exact picture of this gauge. Like trying to get a picture of a computer screen.

Originally Posted by Vetal
How it is programmed?
Does it alarm in lean condition only during spraying, or during other WOT operations as well?
You program the gauge buy the controll button. There is a small dial/button on the side of the screen, its hard to see in the pics look just the left of the screen. You simply push the button in to enter the programming menu's, move the button up, down or in, depending on what you want to do. Set the gauge up to fit your specs and then EXIT/SAVE and your done.
The Dispaly Controller has the computer already built in.

Originally Posted by fastlt1
So will the v guage display fuel pressure and nitrous pressure at the same time with the correct sensors? How much does fuel pressure sender and nitrous pressure sensor cost?
Yes in this pic you can see both pressures are being displayed. IF you have a wide band with programable output you can trade the fuel pressure for air/fuel reading.
Sorry I can not post pricing sorry not a sponsor. I can answer any other tech question.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:17 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Trick.Perf.
Hello tech members. Thanks Dave for the posting on the options of the gauge. I can answer any questions yall may have about these gauges, but I can not post any PRICING. I am here only as tech support.
The pictures in this thread do not do these unit justice. It is hard to get an exact picture of this gauge. Like trying to get a picture of a computer screen.

You program the gauge buy the controll button. There is a small dial/button on the side of the screen, its hard to see in the pics look just the left of the screen. You simply push the button in to enter the programming menu's, move the button up, down or in, depending on what you want to do. Set the gauge up to fit your specs and then EXIT/SAVE and your done.
The Dispaly Controller has the computer already built in.

Yes in this pic you can see both pressures are being displayed. IF you have a wide band with programable output you can trade the fuel pressure for air/fuel reading.
Sorry I can not post pricing sorry not a sponsor. I can answer any other tech question.

Thanks for the kind words.

I posted the prices right above the gauges
Dave
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:45 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Dave, How much is fuel pressure and nitrous pressure sensors? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:54 PM
Teching In

Look at line 4 in his long post.
Old 06-26-2007 | 11:55 PM
FormerVendor

Sensors are 60.75 each
Old 06-27-2007 | 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The P is the same as the V where it's either a/f reading and 1 pressure or no a/f and 2 pressures?
Old 06-27-2007 | 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
The P is the same as the V where it's either a/f reading and 1 pressure or no a/f and 2 pressures?
No,

The P gauge can read one pressure and one wideband ONLY if you are using the FJO 4xxx series widebands.
The P gauge has a digital port that is used for that function.
IF you do not have the FJO 4xxx series then you are limited to 1 pressure OR air/fuel. NOT 2 pressures.
Old 06-27-2007 | 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trick.Perf.
No,

The P gauge can read one pressure and one wideband ONLY if you are using the FJO 4xxx series widebands.
The P gauge has a digital port that is used for that function.
IF you do not have the FJO 4xxx series then you are limited to 1 pressure OR air/fuel. NOT 2 pressures.
Damn, that sucks since I have an innovate LC1. Nice product regardless.
Old 06-28-2007 | 12:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
Damn, that sucks since I have an innovate LC1. Nice product regardless.
If you do not want the Pgauge to monitor a pressure you can run your wideband with it...
Dave
Old 06-28-2007 | 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

I am currently running an AutoMeter electric N20 pressure gauge (2 1/16) in my dash right now.

*Can I use the same sending unit for the N20 pressure monitoring
*What do I need to purchase if I want to monitor A/F also
*I am assuming that to show the heater on/off it just requires a signal from my heater switch .... or does it require something else?
*What about if I want the option to cycle thru to monitor fuel pressure.... what is required
*What additional sensors are required to calculate bottle level (calculating for purge as well)?
Old 06-28-2007 | 11:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bbradyc5
I am currently running an AutoMeter electric N20 pressure gauge (2 1/16) in my dash right now.

1 Can I use the same sending unit for the N20 pressure monitoring
2 What do I need to purchase if I want to monitor A/F also
3 I am assuming that to show the heater on/off it just requires a signal from my heater switch .... or does it require something else?
4 What about if I want the option to cycle thru to monitor fuel pressure.... what is required
5 What additional sensors are required to calculate bottle level (calculating for purge as well)?
1. You can use your automete sensor, you just need to program the gauge to match that sensor. it is either a 1500osi or a 1600psi sensor.
2. Any wide band that has a programable analog output. 5v ramp where
.05v= 10AFR
4.5v = 20AFR.
3. NO, the guage controlls the heater, when you enable the heater( through the gauges control screen) you will see the heater icon pop up. IF the ICON is red its on, grey means its on but is at pressure, an X over the top of the ICON means there is an error. Either pressure is not rising, or somthing else is wrong.
4. IF you want fuel pressure you just need another sensor, that is rated for your psi. Most efi cars will use a 100psi sensor. IF you are using fuel pressure you can not use air/fuel.
5. None, the V guage can calculate the useage without a sensor, it is more accurate with the sensor in place though. We can monitor pressure drop which changes the amount of useage.

The V gauge can monitor useage of 2 systems. So there is a wire that will attach to your stage 1, and the other wire attaches to your stage 2/ purge valve.

Good questions by the way, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

dave you need to create a complete package for these

Quick Reply: NEW PRODUCTS, Black Series Display Controllers.