Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW PRODUCTS, Black Series Display Controllers.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007 | 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

I am leaning towards the non-progressive one. Will post up a how too if I get one (C-5 Specific). Hopefully they will be available early Nov so I can install it.
Old 09-28-2007 | 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks dude.. Yea I did.. I'm in the middle of installing a 454, w/ Direct port NX.

I'm startin to realize its not all that much cheaper though.. I just got done ordering all of my **** from FJO.. Thats a fuking racket.. Here I have a perfectly good working LC1 w/ gauge, but I have to go and spend almost 500 bucks on an FJO W/B.....
Originally Posted by Robert56
Hey welcome to the other side. Gave up your killer KB set-up?
Robert
Old 09-28-2007 | 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
Thanks dude.. Yea I did.. I'm in the middle of installing a 454, w/ Direct port NX.

I'm startin to realize its not all that much cheaper though.. I just got done ordering all of my **** from FJO.. Thats a fuking racket.. Here I have a perfectly good working LC1 w/ gauge, but I have to go and spend almost 500 bucks on an FJO W/B.....
Yea, if you had seen some of my past posts you'ed see that I was very vocal about the WB/FJO issue. I have a LM1 WB and refuse to run FJO because of my prior investment. Oh well, there are other alternatives on the market now. (I believe there is a work around for using the Innovate products with the FJO, check with Phil99vette.)

The cost is not all that much cheaper than other power adders (when doing it big time), however, I like being able to run n/a and drive my car across country with out worry. Also, having a n/a 10 sec true street car is fun as hell.

I allmost went with the LSX but choose a different route. The LSX will be the next build and will be big cubed.

Robert
Old 09-28-2007 | 11:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Hey guys as much as I would like to take credit for this awesome product I did not design it or manafacture it. We are simply a vendor for this product. We will be able to offer a full tech support on the product just like we do on other things after installing it in a shop car and becomming more familiar with it.
Trick Performance Products is the manafacture of this gauge.

Koolrayz.
The Tranducers are similiar to a transducer that would be used in conjuction with a Autometer style gauge. However they vary with different pressure ratings.

Dave

i'd just be happy w/ a return email from Chris reagrding my issue....lookin for answers...i really want to bust 500+ on teh bottle

the gauges are badass tho by the way....
Old 09-29-2007 | 04:23 AM
FormerVendor

Will these gauges work with the FJO stuff?? They have BY FAR the worst gauges ever. I want something a little less, shall-we-say........bright..
Old 09-29-2007 | 01:17 PM
Teching In

AMERICAN_HP
The guages will work with many different products on the market. As you pick what the inputs are looking at. pressures widebands etc. The P gauge can do pressure and wideband if using an FJO digital wideband. IF using anolog signal wideband you loose the PSI input.
Each gauge parameters are user color designed to help you see what is happening without having to look at the gauge.
They are not as bright as the ULTRA-bright leds that are in the FJO gauges. BTW led bright gauges can be dimmed down, there is one wire apply power to it, and those gauges brightness calms down.
Instructions are now up for both V and P gauges.
Old 10-01-2007 | 11:03 AM
Banned

Whats sad is these controllers arent even out yet. I called to order one from nitro daves and they let me know "We'll we will put you on a list to get one if you order one. Youll get it *someday*"

they made it sound like they had these for sale and went back and forth with phone calls and info several times before they let me know they couldnt even order one yet.

I ordered an FJO from somewhere else...
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:39 AM
FormerVendor

Ok guys we have these gauges on the shelf and ready to ship.. All Back orders have been shiped and you should start seeing some buzz about them from people using them shortly!!!
Old 11-17-2007 | 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Are these on your site yet?
Old 11-18-2007 | 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, this is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! I am loving all the new products coming out lately!
Old 11-19-2007 | 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

Hay Dave, Will or how will the gauge be able to tell how much nitrous is in there if I use this http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c..../it.A/id.44/.f just curious. It's winter time, this year i'm getting the juice more consistant/safer so both are on my wish list.
Old 11-19-2007 | 09:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Kurt
Are these on your site yet?
Sorry, Not yet. Courtnay is out with Bronchitis. As soon as she comes back ill get here to add them.
Dave
Old 11-19-2007 | 09:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
Hay Dave, Will or how will the gauge be able to tell how much nitrous is in there if I use this http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c..../it.A/id.44/.f just curious. It's winter time, this year i'm getting the juice more consistant/safer so both are on my wish list.
It is a calcutation. Basicaly you program it and after going through a full bottle it will know in the future. If you use a progressive or change the shot it will not be accurate.
Dave
Old 11-20-2007 | 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

There is a wire for two up to two stages (or if one stage, you can put one wire on the purge the other on your first stage). You assign the wire + or - based on its relative location to the soleniod. When the noid is fired the gauge knows how long it was open. In the config you assign the size of the shot. It knows the bottle is full (you tell it so...) it knows how much you used it and the shot size, it tracks the amount used. When you feel it is Empty you tell it. The gauge caluclates and assigns the values based on the inputs of the sensor and the user.
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:52 AM
FormerVendor

I stand corrected on my post 73.

The gauge will give you an accurate reading unless you change HP levels while in the middle of the bottle.

As soon as you hit refill bottle and put a fresh bottle in it will strat reading correct again.
Dave
Old 12-18-2007 | 04:13 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

bump.
Old 12-18-2007 | 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

I did not update this thread I made a new one after I put it in... Sorry Ray!

The install

Above Bottle Pressure, Bottle % Full, and AFR

Above, AFR vs time, its about a 5-7 sec history display of AFR

Above Real Time Bar Graph AFR

Movie going through the menus...
Beer's Trick Performance V Series Gauge Movie

Above Heater selected on On, If Bottle was in Pressure range, the heater icon turns to grey showing it is on but not heating, it has a safety also, if the bottle pressure does not move, the heater turns off after 15 minutes, Bottle Pressure red Text until it gets to 950-1050, it will turn green indicating my "in Zone" settings. AFR Red Text above 15 AFR and below 10

Above Heater off

Very happy with it Display is bright and readable in daylight and has a Dim Selector (not variable, Bright and dim are the choices), Vinny and I are gonna try out AFR Safety's this month on the dyno.

Last edited by Beer99C5; 12-18-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2008 | 01:43 PM
Teching In

Bump. Thanks for the pics and video Beer. I am hoping someone can post their thoughts on the P Gauge.
Old 01-07-2008 | 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Bump. Thanks for the pics and video Beer. I am hoping someone can post their thoughts on the P Gauge.
I read Chris at Nitrous Outlet put one in his car, give Nitrous Outlet a call and ask for Chris.
Old 01-07-2008 | 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Question

any real world results/opinions on these units yet???

looking to clean up my interior abit and yankin out multiple gauges will help.

clarification (dbl checking) please:
these are true wb capable (0-5v).
and there is one (v i believe) that i can show boost and afr in the same gauge (sensor for boost required, 30lbs?).

thanks guys.

Quick Reply: NEW PRODUCTS, Black Series Display Controllers.