Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would the Ny-Trex triple threat kit be a good beginners nitrous setup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would the Ny-Trex triple threat kit be a good beginners nitrous setup?

New to nitrous and trying to decide on a safe/ easy setup for my first kit. Massive power is not of concern to me yet, im only interested in a small 50-75 shot until I can afford supporting mods to move up.

Of course i was originally swayed by the Zex kit and their creative marketing,(computer fuel management...right) but after researching I see a lot of people are unhappy with the limitations of the kit.

This then lead me to examine the Ny-trex triple threat kit that can be found on ebay and on the web. Seems pretty easy to install because of the single distribution block, and the kit contains a gauge, purge noid and block, and fuel saftey switch, pretty much leaving me with only spark plugs, window switch and a heater to purchase seperate. For less then $700 for a new kit it doesnt seem like a bad deal. I have read a bunch of nitrous posts, and it seems ppl get a hard-on over NX and TNT setups but would they serve my beginners purposes equally well and for about the same amount of money?

Whats the word on these kits? Searching didnt turn up much, except ppl seem to like them for ease of use and completeness of the initial kit.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

the NX kits will be just as good a kit for the beginner as they are for the experienced user....plus they give you room to grow, without having to change major components.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fastvert
New to nitrous and trying to decide on a safe/ easy setup for my first kit. Massive power is not of concern to me yet, im only interested in a small 50-75 shot until I can afford supporting mods to move up.
Being your in PA I would consider a Harris Speed Works kit.

Beyond Matt and HSW, I would look to DynoTune or Nitrous Outlet. You can't go wrong with any of the three sponsors I listed. Their links are to the right under sponsors.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Well, here's my .02 worth. I too am a beginner, I chose the Dave's dual stage plate kit, 860 Auto Heater, NX opener, Trick dual stage window switch and WOT TPS, and a few little trinkets like gauges for under the hood blah, blah, blah.

THE REASON I purchased what I did, is because this forum is where the experts live, breath and chat. If I had an obscure kit or components I would feel I was out on my own. I feel at least staying with readily recognizable brands opens a ton of opportunity here on the forum 24hrs a day to help and guide a newbie.

To evidence my above statement, please go look at the wiring sticky. If you find the brand you are thinking about buying mentioned in the ENTIRE STICKY I'll eat my hat.

Good Luck,
Ms Eliz

Quick Reply: Would the Ny-Trex triple threat kit be a good beginners nitrous setup?