Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whens the secret AF ratio product coming out for the dry kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007 | 10:23 AM
TECH Veteran

The price is not determined from what I know. It will be more than a regular dry kit I am sure. But hopefully not much more.
Old 07-13-2007 | 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

Good work Al. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
Old 07-13-2007 | 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BluMachine
Good work Al. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
Hey Blu, the #1 stock block/any power adder LS6 holder and a dry shot to boot. I never got a chance to go after your time, which I did want to reclaim #1, but blew my motor. I can't remember did you post your time in the Z06 fast list? Sorry guys for getting off track a bit, but this still shows what dry hits are capable of.
Robert
Old 07-14-2007 | 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Robert. I've been very fortunate with my car and I get to race at a great track at Bradenton Motorsports Park. The DA was Stoopid the day I got the 10.55... negative I'm sure. I've backed it up in less favorable DA conditions with a few 10.6x - 10.8x passes. I put a McLeod Street Twin on the car and I'm still learning to launch it so I haven't touched 10.8x with the new clutch yet.

Back on topic. I'm running a 5177 with both jets running into the lower elbow of the Halltech Trap CAI. I have about 8" between the nozzles and MAF and I'm using 90* nozzles to spray down the elbow. The jets are drilled out, so the kit is maxed. It makes about 160ish to the wheels. I think one key to my longevity is my AF curve. The car goes rich as hell on the hit down low (like off the scale rich) and slowly rises to just over 12.0 at 6800rpm. By being so rich down low, takes away the big spike which saves the motor and drivetrain and helps out with traction (all my times were on 255-50-16 MT ET street radial). The tune I have on my car was done my Formato. I had him try to lean it out a bit down low, but he was unsuccessful... and now I'm kind of glad he was.

So the question to 383LQ4SS is:

Can you adjust different parts of the AF curve to fatten/lean it up?
Old 07-14-2007 | 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

Back on topic. I'm running a 5177 with both jets running into the lower elbow of the Halltech Trap CAI. I have about 8" between the nozzles and MAF and I'm using 90* nozzles to spray down the elbow. The jets are drilled out, so the kit is maxed. It makes about 160ish to the wheels. I think one key to my longevity is my AF curve. The car goes rich as hell on the hit down low (like off the scale rich) and slowly rises to just over 12.0 at 6800rpm. By being so rich down low, takes away the big spike which saves the motor and drivetrain and helps out with traction (all my times were on 255-50-16 MT ET street radial). The tune I have on my car was done my Formato. I had him try to lean it out a bit down low, but he was unsuccessful... and now I'm kind of glad he was.
Thanks for sharing Blu, I am gonna try your advice on the tune.
Old 07-14-2007 | 01:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Robert. I've been very fortunate with my car and I get to race at a great track at Bradenton Motorsports Park. The DA was Stoopid the day I got the 10.55... negative I'm sure. I've backed it up in less favorable DA conditions with a few 10.6x - 10.8x passes. I put a McLeod Street Twin on the car and I'm still learning to launch it so I haven't touched 10.8x with the new clutch yet.

Blu...it has a design feature that covers this. But I cant get too detailed just yet.
Old 07-14-2007 | 01:29 AM
TECH Junkie

what MAFs will this work with?
Old 07-14-2007 | 01:33 AM
TECH Veteran

small GM MAF for now.

Ok...I think enough info has been thrown out there. Im gonna lock this for now. As soon as the real info is ready there will be a post.

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 07-14-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2007 | 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Well I will defiantly keep my eyes peeled for the release of this. Al, you know too much! haha
Old 07-14-2007 | 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think the reason your rich down low (which is a great safety thing), and leaner up top is the distance from MAF. The air dynamics change as velocity increases, meaning some more of the spray gets mixed with incoming air at higher rpms and thus a less colder/dense reading. Now with that said, being rich at torque peak (down low) is a good thing and leaner as you progress is exactly what we like. Obviously, yours works wonderfull. I was able to get my a/f to stay relative through out the run at 10.8 for the big hits (nozzle style and location close), but have in fact set-up smaller hits to have a curve just like yours, however was done in tune/pcm.

As Al alluded to, the new product will allow a relative a/f through out the run.
Robert