Sponsored by:

NHRA rules?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NHRA rules?

Anyone have an NHRA rule book?

Is there anything regarding blow down tubes specificly if you have a bottle and a fuel cell in the trunk, both out of the passensger comaprtment?

Ive never heard of that, I've always used this which dosen't mention anything about fuel location....?
Reason I ask is because of GTO's which have their tank in the trunk.
TIA,
Vinny
BOTTLES: All bottles must be securely mounted, stamped with a minimum DOT–1800lb. rating, and identified as nitrous oxide. Bottles located in driver’s compartment must be equipped with the correct relief valve per manufacturer recommendations and vented outside the driver’s compartment. Bottles are limited to two 25-lb. bottles. The use of any agents other than nitrous oxide as a part of, or mixed with, this pressurized fuel system is strictly prohibited. (Push systems are prohibited.) Commercially available, thermostatically controlled, blanket type bottle heaters are acceptable. Any other method of heating bottles in vehicle is prohibited.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 AM
8 second mod

never herd of it befor, im guessing you would be ok. most people dont even know the tank is in the trunk.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Noyzee
never herd of it befor, im guessing you would be ok. most people dont even know the tank is in the trunk.
I'm not worried about my car, infact I can think of about 20 cars at NED that have a cell and botte both in the trunk with no BDT.

But someone called me out on that on a differnent board, and thought maybe there is a new NHRA rule I wasn't familiar with. ???

Quick Reply: NHRA rules?