Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Piston?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Piston?

My car currently has Diamond racing forged flat top -8.6cc pistons. I'm wanting to spray a 300 shot, are these pistons up for the job?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
My car currently has Diamond racing forged flat top -8.6cc pistons. I'm wanting to spray a 300 shot, are these pistons up for the job?
Calling Diamond with your part or job number and asking them is your best bet. A flat top with -8.6cc volume sure doesn't sound right, you either have a small dish or your piston cc volume info is wrong.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

They are a dish piston, I guess the receipt was wrong.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:40 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Diamond uses two piston materials 4032 and 2618. Most of their pistons are the 4032 which is a softer material. The 2618 is beefier. Check your info card they give you in the box. Even if it is the 4032 material I still think it could take it. I talked to the Outlaw guys a while ago about their TA that was hitting a 300 shot out of the hole off the transbrake with just diamond 3.905, 4032 material pistons, with stock rods.

Originally Posted by Outlaw Motorsports
Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Originally Posted by Outlaw Motorsports
Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Well, search is busted now so I figured I'd ask you directly. I've been checking out a few of your threads recently and have a few questions for you. Hopefully they aren't . I know you were using stock rods in the TA till they decided to get all wavy, but what about the pistons. I'm looking to just put a set of forged pistons in my car and hit it with a 250ish / 300 shot max along with a cam, some ported LS6 heads, and katech rod bolts. I've been looking at 3.905 pistons recently for 6.098 rods and haven't really found any that are ideal. What do you use in the TA? Are they custom pistons? 4032 or 2618 material? What are 4032 pistons rated to, they all usually say "small nitrous applications only"? Who made them? Thanks a lot.
All I have a is a Diamond Forged -2cc Dish Nitrous Piston. You have to figure small shots are around 300ish when guys are hitting foggers and around 1000hp at some cars with nitrous alone.

Make sure you invest in some Hellfire rings and have them fitted. These are a necessity! You will have to have them file fitted.
Thanks a lot. I eventually plan on putting this together in my garage, but right now it's all in the planning stages. I saw you posted somewhere that you were refreshing the motor. Do you plan on putting stock rods back in or going to a 6.125 forged piece?
I am upgrading to eagles.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Piston?