Sponsored by:

How many run wet and dry???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many run wet and dry???

I currently have a wet dual nozzel system

but when my bottle pressure gets under 850 I dont like to hit it because my jets are tuned for 900-1000

anyway my new idea was to run a push button small dry shot to use up my bottle....

the only problem for me is i cannot tune my car so i was afraid of running a little lean

anyways I would just like some opinions
Old 07-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this for the caddy... or the golf cart?

Set up properly, you won't need a "tune" you'll just need to tune the nozzle. Start with a smaller shot... you'll still be able to beat Tiger to the next green.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Is this for the caddy... or the golf cart?

Set up properly, you won't need a "tune" you'll just need to tune the nozzle. Start with a smaller shot... you'll still be able to beat Tiger to the next green.
ummmm both lol but really

how do you tune the nozzel on a dry shot? Im gonna need a wideband arent I haha
Old 07-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

It's best to have one, but with small shots, you can do it with the narrowband and/or reading plugs. Takes a little longer, but do-able. Narrowband gauges are like $40 on ebay.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

It's best to have one, but with small shots, you can do it with the narrowband and/or reading plugs. Takes a little longer, but do-able. Narrowband gauges are like $40 on ebay.
so exactly how do I go about tuning the nozzel... wet is easy you just change jets for N and F but for dry is it more about placement ??
Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

Correct. Start with the dry nozzle about 4" in front of the MAF, pointing at the MAF. That will get you close. Then run it. Assuming it runs decent, read the plugs immediately after N2O shot (shut off.. coast to side of road.. check). If it's way too lean, it will sputter when you first shoot. Shut off. More than likely, you'll be real close. You adjust by turning the direction of the spray nozzle.
I run my bottle to near ZERO before I refill it, unless I'm heading somewhere that I know I need a full shot. With dry, your power just drops as pressure drops. I had less than 100 lbs of pressure in my bottle one day after being at the track and was playing with a Ferrari on the way home. I still hit the juice and it was enough to humble him. A full hit would have been a bit of an overkill anyway.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Correct. Start with the dry nozzle about 4" in front of the MAF, pointing at the MAF. That will get you close. Then run it. Assuming it runs decent, read the plugs immediately after N2O shot (shut off.. coast to side of road.. check). If it's way too lean, it will sputter when you first shoot. Shut off. More than likely, you'll be real close. You adjust by turning the direction of the spray nozzle.
I run my bottle to near ZERO before I refill it, unless I'm heading somewhere that I know I need a full shot. With dry, your power just drops as pressure drops. I had less than 100 lbs of pressure in my bottle one day after being at the track and was playing with a Ferrari on the way home. I still hit the juice and it was enough to humble him. A full hit would have been a bit of an overkill anyway.
very nice....I had never heard of this method before thanks

but one final question.....check out where my maf is(directly after the intake filter) .....any suggestions on where to mount the nozzel?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Banned

1. Do you know how to read plugs?
2. No, I can't see the maf in your picture... and being of poow folks, I'm not familiar with Caddy's.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

1. Do you know how to read plugs?
2. No, I can't see the maf in your picture... and being of poow folks, I'm not familiar with Caddy's.
yep and heres a pic....it actually sticks into the volant box

Old 07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

I have no idea what you mean by reading plugs could you explain please?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

You look at the porcelain part under the electrode.
White with metal speckles... WAAAY TOOO LEAN. Those speckles are melted fragments.
White = too lean
light rusty brown = nice AFR
Dark = too rich.

to "read plugs" you have to run the car at the speed/throttle opening you're analyzing. Then shut off at that speed. For N2o, you need to shut off nitrous, then shut off motor. Don't shut off under spray. Then pull a few plugs and look at them. This is a very old technique for setting up fuel delivery.
If you drive home to check, all you're checking is the condition over the last 50 feet before your driveway.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brentman2007
yep and heres a pic....it actually sticks into the volant box
Looks like it would have to go on the inside of the box. Can you take a pic w/o the lid on the volant?