Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stand alone fuel cell gaskets expanded big time

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stand alone fuel cell gaskets expanded big time

Ok I put some VP 100 octane fuel in my new stand alone fuel cell and the rubber thats between the cover and the rubber for the lid have now expanded greatly. The gasket on the fuel cell lid/cap is so large I can't get the damn lid back on and the gasket between the flange and the tank looks like its sqeeshing out. The fuel sat in the tank overnight and when I checked to make sure it was topped off I could not get the lid/cap back on. Is this a bad batch of rubber or bad fuel additives? This is a nitrous outlet kit that mounts by the fuse box. Other than that the kit is top notch I just can't imagine it expanding that quickly.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check your fuel solenoid piston, hopefully it didn't expand as well. I know that the Sunoco unleaded race fuel is real bad in redards to compatibility with materials, but I don't know anything about VP. Although it sounds the same.
Vinny
Old 07-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Sounds like something in the fuel. Not sure if those lids are complitable with alcohol or methanol. Get ahold of Nitrous Outlet those gaskets are replacable. I tour one a few years back and had to get it replaced.

Something to try, just leave the lid off lay it in a well vented area. See if the rubber shrinks bad down.

Ricky
Old 07-29-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok well I guess I'll have to call Nitrous outlet tommorow. It is just VP 100 octain unleaded. Hey Ricky what do you suggest for me checking the solinoid do you have any diagrams or should I send it to NX. It's on the Nitrous Outlet black widow intake and I belive there NX solinoids but I'm not sure cuz I received it all assembled and painted black, lol.

-William