Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street legal -- > Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007 | 11:42 AM
Launching!

Default Street legal -- > Nitrous

Here is my dilemma... I have a nice nitrous kit that I have been waiting to install in my car for 2 years now. It's a wet NOS system and I have almost all the goodies to make it safe. But what the hell is the point when the stupid Ontario law just prohibited it's use on the streets. They simply tied the use of nitrous with street racing period. It's pretty stupid since if I wanted I could just install a supercharger/turbo/bolt ons (a little more pricy I know) and achieve the same results making me equally dangerous. And on top of the stupid Ontario nitrous laws we have pretty stiff emission testing so I feel like I can't do any freaking thing to the car since it wouldn't pass the retarded emissions. My car sits in the garage all freaking day now... It's not my daily driver anymore and I thank god for that since I baby the thing but I would like to mod the thing. This is just retarded! Better off selling it and getting a new C6 Corvette Z06 when I win the lottery lol!!
Old 08-21-2007 | 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Put it in your car and don't worry about it. Just say you don't 'use it on the streets and its only for strip use if you get any trouble.

If you are really worried, stealth the bottle where your spare tire goes or something and hide the lines, i highly doubt anyone will find it.

My cars not the most street legal but i drive it and havent had a problem yet.
Old 08-21-2007 | 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

just put the bottle in the spare tire location and hide the lines really good, sucks to live overthere
Old 08-21-2007 | 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Put the bottle in only when you go to the track and you will have no problems.
Old 08-21-2007 | 02:56 PM
Launching!

Yeah but the thing is... In Ontario if they find you with a nitrous kit that is hooked up you are automatically fined 2000$ and your *** thrown in jail. I don't see the point in having a nitrous system that I can only use on the strip. Plus the strips that we have around Ottawa aren't that great anyways.
Old 08-21-2007 | 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

and the question at hand is, are you willing to take that risk?
Old 08-21-2007 | 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

turbo kit --- hey, its cheaper then the vette. lol.
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

Think about it like this..
Its against the law to speed, Agaist the law to race on the streets, Against the law to take off in a hurry... So if you are going wide open throttle which you have to do in order to run Nitrous you are breaking all the laws anyways.lol
Dave
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:07 PM
On The Tree

having nitrous is also illegal in Ga. also unless you have motorhome.But I have had nitrous on my car since it was bought in early 2000........but when I'm on the street I don't hook the feed line up, but the bottle is still there.I have been stopped several times and never got a ticket once they seen it unhooked.
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Hide the bottle in the spare tire area, run hard line along where the brake lines are, and hide the noids. Do a search on hidden nitrous kits and you will see some awesome hidden kits and tricks.
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

How about the Money Maker Kit!! Sponsor hit!
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
How about the Money Maker Kit!! Sponsor hit!
That thing is awesome!
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by firebirdls1us
having nitrous is also illegal in Ga. also unless you have motorhome.But I have had nitrous on my car since it was bought in early 2000........but when I'm on the street I don't hook the feed line up, but the bottle is still there.I have been stopped several times and never got a ticket once they seen it unhooked.

Yeah since you have to be able to carry your bottle to the track somehow anyways. But the thing is that it's not a power adder you can use on the streets which kind of sucks... There is no penalty if they find you with a freaking turbo let's say... so this is extremely stupid.
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Its against the law to speed, Agaist the law to race on the streets, Against the law to take off in a hurry... So if you are going wide open throttle which you have to do in order to run Nitrous you are breaking all the laws anyways.lol
Dave

True... But if they find you with laughing gas it's even worse lol. Okay... If they give me a ticket for taking off in a hurry I can fight it. But if they find me using nitrous then I am screwed.
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:39 AM
Launching!

And yes I could hide the system...

What is the Money Maker kit exactly?

I have been pulled over quite a bit in the last years. I was down to 10 points but I have now 7 points accumulated on my drivers licence. The last speeding ticket I got which would of put me down 3 more points I got extremely lucky since the cop didn't show up in court. My insurance is freaking high 200$/month and I am 26 year old. I also got pulled over for my loudmouth being too loud... The cop gave me a ticket for having no muffler so I got my car safetied by a corner mechanic who technically never saw the car (Just got to know the right ppl) And then showed up in court and won my case. I didn't have to pay the fine or change my muffler. I never been pulled up again for the exhaust... It was just a power hungry cop that didn't have anything better to do then loose my time.

Honestly the only things I could do to my car to be street legal and to pass emissions is get some better gears for the rear diff since I am running 2.73 and a tc.
Old 08-22-2007 | 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Dave

Old 08-22-2007 | 12:10 PM
9 Second Club
15 Year Member

What is the law about having it in the car, not hooked up? I had a gutted *** car with spray, when I got pulled over the one time I closed the bottle and purged it out before the cop got to the car It kinda sounds like youre not planning on street racing so why not install it and either leave the bottle unhooked when driving around. OR just leave the bottle out compleatly when youre not at the track. I dont really think they can get you for having it installed if the bottle isnt there.

Sean
Old 08-22-2007 | 02:28 PM
Launching!

Well I am not planning on street racing no... But it would be nice to open it up once in a while on the street if you know what I mean. We don't have any nice tracks here in Ottawa so it's pretty pointless...
Old 08-22-2007 | 06:01 PM
9 Second Club
15 Year Member

Sounds like you made up youre mind then.

Sean
Old 08-23-2007 | 07:27 AM
Launching!

And what is that lol? I was thinking about maybe installing it anyways and hiding the kit Or sell everything and save my money to go FI. It's quite a bit more but it would be worth it. All the time power and I would still pass emissions apparently.

Quick Reply: Street legal -- > Nitrous