Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All nitrous kits are created equal....right???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007 | 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Default All nitrous kits are created equal....right???

Not really familiar with all the nitrous technology nowadays, so I need some opinions/suggestions. Car is daily driven with occasional track action, so nothing crazy, but I want something reliable and consistent when I do play with it. Im thinking maybe about a 75-100 shot should be well enough.

So tell me what ya know. Heres some of the kits Im browsing, kinda in the order Im considering them....

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=1131

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/fly_by_wire.htm

Did I miss any other worthwhile kits? Budget is not unlimited, but Im expecting the ~$600 range plus the cost of some accessories.

I also stumbled onto this add on, anyone heard of it?

Thanks guys!

edit: non sponsor info

Last edited by Noyzee; 08-23-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-21-2007 | 10:20 PM
9 Second Club

ok, well not all kits are created equal. there are the basics.
Dry - nitrous only
Wet - nitrous and fuel(2 solenoids) little more
Direct port- most expensive, safest.

Other parts for the kit to look at are
purge - get air out of line before you spray
heater - heats nitrous tank so pressure stays good on a cool day
remote opener - open the bottle from touch of a switch.

Ok, so for the money i would go with dynotune. I see they are a sponser of ls1tech now, im not sure if they always were or are new, but i have been using dynotune nitrous for a while, and they make great products for the money. You can get a wet kit for under 400 dollars with lines, solenoids, bottle wiring, jets everything for an ls1 car. To be safe definatly go with a wet kit. I would also suggest getting a rpm windows switch. This way the car will only spray through a set rpm range, and only spray at full throttle. Much safer then just a button, and full throttle switches on tb or pedal can be a pain.

As for the kits you picked out, nitrous outlet makes great products.
The nitrous express kit is for a fly by wire car. like the c5's.
Never heard of cold fussion or nano. All the kits will accomplish the same things you really just pay more for certain parts that are included in the kit. Like the nitrous outlet kit comes with a plate that bolts into your intake system, the jets go in that and you dont have to drill anything or putt a nozzle anywhere. Nitrous express makes a maf system that slike 1k but comes with a 85 mm maf that is setup for nitrous.

zex nitrous systems are also supposed to be very safe. They are very easy to install, but they are kinda basic.

When i do nitrous i will get the kit from dynotune for ls1
I will add a purge, add a heater, get a bracket and switch panel from nitrousoutlet in there accessories. I will also get the rpm windows switch from dynotune which allows you to set the rpm the car sprays at but you can also select which gears, like skipping first, and spraying 2nd. Id read around more on nitrous and get familiar with it. I dont see any kit being a problem on a ls1 that is well maintained. These cars really love nitrous. 75 -100 shot is almost nothing to them.

Good luck. If you get any specific questions on nitrous ask away.
Chris
Old 08-21-2007 | 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for taking the time to type all that out for me

I forgot to mention that Im looking for a wet kit. When I say they are all the same is when Im looking at the basic setup of the kits, they all look like they have the same stuff, just different colors.

This DynoTune system looks simple and effective like the Cold Fusion setup. the price is almost scary low though.

Honestly I dont really have any real specific questions, Im really that much not in the know on these things, so I just need all the info I can get on the subject. A crash course if you will, but Im in no real hurry.
Old 08-22-2007 | 08:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Jason,
Guess we will have to raise our prices! Actually the reason for our pricing is simple. We sell direct so you do not have to pay distributor markup. We buy in larger quantities than most suppliers except probably NX or NOS but then you deal with distributor margins again. And lastly we have no debt. We buy all our parts with cash so our pricing is lower and we can pass these lower costs to you, our customers. We are starting our 8th year and business continues to grow beyond our expectations year after year.

So buy quality - performance - at industry leading pricing!

Dean
Old 08-22-2007 | 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Jason,
The link you posted for a product on the Nitrous Outlet website does not work so I can not see which system you are looking at.

However do to the fact that this question has been comming up alot lately I will try to explain the things to look at when comparing a nitrous system in a post I am working on. The post is strait cut with no sales pitches. Just facts. Take time to read this post before spending you hard earned money!!!

Dave
Old 08-22-2007 | 09:41 AM
9 Second Club
15 Year Member

I ran an all Dyno Tune set up in my last car, and loved it. Never had any issues, and it looked as good as it performed. The only downside was I had the big solenoids, and they scared people away on the street

Sean
Old 08-22-2007 | 09:48 AM
Launching!

i know several people with the dyno tune kits, never heard any complaints out of them
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

We have a few wet kits to choose from, single/dual nozzle or plate, let me know if you have any questions with them. We offer all of our kits in two trims, the Sudden Impact & the Brute Force line. The Sudden Impact line is capable of a 150 - 175 RWHP shot, where as the Brute Force line is much higher and includes bottom exit solenoids and larger lines, along with being able to customize the color scheme. If all you’re looking for is a 100 shot I would suggest looking at the Sudden Impact wet kits.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-22-2007 | 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Jason,
You can find a post that may be of some help to you why trying to decide what best fits your needs in this post.
Knowledge is the key.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...84#post7657384
Old 08-22-2007 | 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, I love it when sponsors get involved to answer questions.

Dave, the link goes to *NO-00-10102: LS1 Stock 78mm EFI Plate System*. I will read the link you posted when I get home and have time to really take it in.

Dean, I hadnt heard of you guys before last night but Im looking around at you guys now too..

Matt, I will also dive into your site when Im home and look around.

It seems Ive missed quite a few setups worth considering.

Thanks for all the replies!

Last edited by WS6NIGHTMARE; 08-22-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2007 | 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Jason,

Our plate system will come standard with 400 pluss hp solenoids and purge port design.
The bottles are powder coated black with a 800 pluss hp bottle valve that has dual accessory ports and a heavy duty turn **** to offer some valve stem support.
The bottle brackets are a stainless steel quick release style that require no tools to loosen.
The main feed line is 16ft long -4 steel braided hose.
The hoses from the solenoids to the plate are 2 ft long -3 steel braided.
Our plate is made from billit allumim and annodized black. The discharge cosist of 5 fuel and 5 nitrous spray patterns aimed across the intake throat for the best mixture possible. The plate uses a factory GM O-Ring gasket that is machined into the plate. All fittings are sealed annodized alluminum. The system includes jetting from 50-200hp and has all electrical and hardware needed.

These are some quick facts on our system
Dave
Old 08-22-2007 | 04:19 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

We also carry the NANO Nitrous line...they are just not on the website yet
Old 08-22-2007 | 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Make sure you do check out HSW's website...I just picked up the brute force plate system and couldn't be happier. Seems like a great bang for the buck. I was able to choose my own color hose and end fittings, has a -6 feed line (-4 hose from solenoids to plate) and HUGE solenoids. I think I paid $568 shipped right to my door. Exactly what I was looking for, thanks HSW!

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
Wow, I love it when sponsors get involved to answer questions.

Dave, the link goes to *NO-00-10102: LS1 Stock 78mm EFI Plate System*. I will read the link you posted when I get home and have time to really take it in.

Dean, I hadnt heard of you guys before last night but Im looking around at you guys now too..

Matt, I will also dive into your site when Im home and look around.

It seems Ive missed quite a few setups worth considering.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old 08-22-2007 | 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

i have all harris speed works products on my car and couldnt be happier with the quality, performance, customer service and support
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Jason,
You can find a post that may be of some help to you why trying to decide what best fits your needs in this post.
Knowledge is the key.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...84#post7657384
Well if that didnt give me a whole lot more to consider, but I like knowing what Im dealing with up front.

Looks like HSW definetly has a good kit too! I think the sudden impact kit will fit my needs pretty well.

Looks like Ive got alot of thinking left to do. Thanks everyone for all your input.

Anybody have something else to be suggested or considered?
Old 08-22-2007 | 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

I have all Dynotune and love it.
Old 08-22-2007 | 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

whats up with the nano set up? sounds pretty awsome if you dont have to have a heater and the pressure stays the same all the way through the run. Is the nitrogen being sent through the motor ? Were does it go ?
Old 08-23-2007 | 04:38 AM
11 Second Club

HSW was great for me. Their customer service is top notch, if I go n2o with my next car, I wont hesitate to order from them again.
Old 08-23-2007 | 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

all the companies are the same, all thier components come from the same manufactures. you're paying for thier logo sticker on the noids and bottle.
Old 08-23-2007 | 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
all the companies are the same, all thier components come from the same manufactures. you're paying for thier logo sticker on the noids and bottle.
You should read my did you know post alittle closer. https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/771084-did-you-know-picking-n20-system.html

No the products are not the same. They vary can vary in many different ways. No all the products do not come from the same manafacture.
And lets say if one component did come from the same manafacture it does not mean it is built the same. If you do nothing else read the product detail area of the tech post. Knowledge is the key..
Dave