Sponsored by:

Did You Know? Picking a N20 System!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MiketurboLS1
"Take time to read the entire post and you will answer your own question

You are correct we are in the nitrous market. We have the largest verity in brands and products you will find. We sell and stock many different brands including our own"

First off, im not in the market, so theres no need to try to sell me anything.
I'm sure you have the largest variety in brands and products and that you sell and stock many different brands including your own, but that has nothing to do with what we are discussing.

I did read the entire post, i wouldnt be posting this if i didnt. I asked you a question, does your company do everything that you just listed? You have a very nice way of indirectly coersing a consumer. Is this information for the consumer, or information for the consumer about your company? also, what qualifies you to draft up something like this, because you certainly left a tremendous amout of information out of it. for instance, whats one of the largest factors in determing retail price? The Owner, How much money does the owner want to make? if a markup only comprised of overhead items then your company would simply breakeven for its entire existance. if you;re so concerned about the consumers here, would you be willing to tell us your bottom line profit so that they can see how it is a component of a retail sale.

"The information in this post will give a person the knowledge to make a educated decision when looking for a nitrous system. There is no bias in this post. There is no intention to sell anything in this post. Just information that can help when trying to learn what to look for. This information can be used on products we offer as well as products we do not offer"

I simply find it funny that you can claim the information in this post would give a person the knowledge they need if its incomplete. And frankly all you were trying to do is compell information about YOUR company. You cant claim there is no biased when in fact you are bias. before you put a single word down, you are biased. You can try to phrase this however you want, but all you did was attempt to indirectly give information about your company.

If this forum was serious about understanding the way a business works and what a consumer should look for, then request it from someone qualified and independent to give that opinion. I’m no slouch when it comes to business and I am certainly educated, but I wouldn’t even consider myself qualified to express such an opinion. If you care so much about informing a consumer and giving them complete knowledge, then find someone with an MBA and the necessary experience to compell that information.

I appologize if i seem upset, but i find it ludicrous that you can claim not to be bias in your information. this entire thread defines the word bias. You cant give independent information to people who you are trying to sell products too.
Mike,
This will be my last post to you in response to your post. Consider me bias thats fine its your opinion and you are titled to that.

I do not know why you are taking offense from a technical post designed to help people. No where in this post is there any information that puts down anyone else or anyone elses products. Nor does it build up our company or the products we offer.

We have been a sponsor here since 2002. So do a search under my name and look at all the technical post I have made that were helping individuals running nitrous products weather they are using a product we carry or not. Also look at the post from the staff I pay to sit on here and help people with technical post as well.

You will not find another Nitrous sponsor on this board that spends half the time or money we do helping people. We help everyone with no strings attached. We spend tons of time and man hours answering technical post and answering phone calls for people that are using our products as well as people not using our products.

If do do not like the technical post I creat simply do not read them. No one is forcing you to. But I happen to know that the technical post that we create has helped tons of people over time and that is the reason I continue to do so.

Your Bias buddy
Dave
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Mike,
This will be my last post to you in response to your post. Consider me bias thats fine its your opinion and you are titled to that.

I do not know why you are taking offense from a technical post designed to help people. No where in this post is there any information that puts down anyone else or anyone elses products. Nor does it build up our company or the products we offer.

We have been a sponsor here since 2002. So do a search under my name and look at all the technical post I have made that were helping individuals running nitrous products weather they are using a product we carry or not. Also look at the post from the staff I pay to sit on here and help people with technical post as well.

You will not find another Nitrous sponsor on this board that spends half the time or money we do helping people. We help everyone with no strings attached. We spend tons of time and man hours answering technical post and answering phone calls for people that are using our products as well as people not using our products.

If do do not like the technical post I creat simply do not read them. No one is forcing you to. But I happen to know that the technical post that we create has helped tons of people over time and that is the reason I continue to do so.

Your Bias buddy
Dave
Difference in opinion, Fair enough, Goodluck to you dave, did not mean to create such a stir up.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
Yes we carry all the NX products.
Do you have a date on when you may be getting them? I am ready to make a purchase if the price is right.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Mike. No biggie..

I understand what you are saying as far as claiming that someone that sells a certain product has to have some sort of Bias...

But I disagree with the claim that the technical post had any bias in it since it never directed any certain way as far as one thing being better than the next.

Sound fair enough?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
Do you have a date on when you may be getting them? I am ready to make a purchase if the price is right.
There is no release date yet. They are not even in production yet. Being that I know how things go in this buisness I would say put your money up for about another 3 to 6 months.
Dave
Old 11-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Mike. No biggie..

I understand what you are saying as far as claiming that someone that sells a certain product has to have some sort of Bias...

But I disagree with the claim that the technical post had any bias in it since it never directed any certain way as far as one thing being better than the next.

Sound fair enough?
again, big difference in opinion, no sence in going in circle though.

your right no big deal.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Launching!

This isn't a sticky yet?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Good post.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CavPat
This isn't a sticky yet?
It should be
Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yup, I don't even have my engine yet and I'm almost buying a direct port.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SScott
Yup, I don't even have my engine yet and I'm almost buying a direct port.
LOL,
Moding is like a virus. Once you get the bug its hard to get rid of.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the write-up. I'll be contacing you Dave in the future.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

:edit:

-Will

Last edited by TARZAN; 11-22-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: change of heart
Old 11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think what this write-up also demonstrates is that if you control the items in Part One and are able to operate cheaper, more efficiently, etc. than a competitor, you can offer equal or superior products at a lower price.

For example, if there was a company explaining why their prices were higher because they couldn't control their rent, wages, etc. then I would think they were not a very well-run company and I should not have to pay for their inefficiency.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

To the top for the newbies..
Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I think what this write-up also demonstrates is that if you control the items in Part One and are able to operate cheaper, more efficiently, etc. than a competitor, you can offer equal or superior products at a lower price.

For example, if there was a company explaining why their prices were higher because they couldn't control their rent, wages, etc. then I would think they were not a very well-run company and I should not have to pay for their inefficiency.
That is an excellent point. Simply having all of the aforementioned characteristics does not necessarily make you a great company. It is virtually impossible to identify all of the overheads and cost of goods sold which represent the overall mark up on a product. Hence the reason I won’t go through and point out every one of them.

There are MANY aspects of a company which, unfortunately, cannot be seen by a consumer. For instance, having payroll does not mean you have all the right people on board. The education levels and experience of those individuals is an extremely key factor. Having 50 people answering phone calls will not do you very good if you do not have the appropriate delegating managers behind the scenes.

There are many functions that contribute to a properly run organization. For instance, the managing and accounting functions of a business play a crucial role. Having the capability to store inventory is one aspect. But what is more important is having a perpetual accounting system on hand that will track inventory daily. As on hand supplies diminish, they must be replenished frequently or as demanded. Sometimes this is done on an “as needed” schedule or through historical data and trends. This is why it is crucial to be able to generate and analyze the financial statements of an organization on a quarterly or monthly basis. It allows you to determine when your highs and lows in sales will occur and how to predict your needs. This leads to the desire to have a highly educated individual behind the scenes, someone who is competent and capable to perform such analysis. You want someone who is able to establish appropriate controls over inventory, scheduling, and the accounting procedures. A person who understands the logistics of time and money and how it can essentially be manipulated to increase the cash flow of the entity. This is important because you can decrease the amount of money you need to borrow from a line of credit to cover your purchases during a slow season which is leading up to a busy season. This will obviously decrease the time frame from which you are borrowing and decrease the amount of interest you pay on it. This may only be a couple hundred or thousand dollars, but when you span these principles across the entire realm of operations it can really add up. Through such utilizations a company can then decrease its selling prices while still maintaining the same profit percentage.

Another very important aspect is the intentions and actions of the owners. Do they keep the profits within the entity to promote the growth and long term establishment of the entity? It is one thing to make a lot of money, but having owners dedicated to the future growth of the company is another.

There are many many things that contribute to the market up of a product. There are a lot of things that you would never really be able to gain knowledge of as a consumer, but will begin to see over the future growth of the company.
Every consumer has the ability to become a knowledge consumer. This works on both ends pre-purchase and post-purchase. Before you purchase, do the research. Read reviews and testimonials from other sources besides the companies own website. This forum is one of the best sources for that type of information whether it before for your nitrous needs or other automotive parts. Then review the company’s website, make sure they spend the time to keep the information up to date and it functions properly. Which leads to your duties as a purchaser of a product, you really should rate your purchase. Most websites have an area to rate and review, it’s important to do this whether your transaction was great or went south. Through your research of technical information determine exactly what you need for your system. All the information you need to figure out what you primarily need is on this website. One of the best sources is the stickies. Most information you get from posts such as “wet or dry” will strictly be opinionated responses. If you still have questions about what you need to get what you want, then give company a call. Most of the sponsor’s on this site sell you what you need and do not try to work up the bill. If they suggest adding a certain product, it is for a good reason and it will most likely benefit you. Most importantly, price does not determine everything whether it is high or low. You have to figure out what your budget is, how much support you need and what exactly you are looking for. This is one situation where it truly is in your hands.

Last edited by Mike@HSW; 01-15-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Did You Know? Picking a N20 System!!