Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pressure gauge/ bottle warmer switch: in bottle or line?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default pressure gauge/ bottle warmer switch: in bottle or line?

where is better? to put it directly in the ports on either side of the bottle or to just put a manifold off the main line and use that? my theory is if they are in the manifold u wont be able to read bottle pressure or the heater could over heat the bottle unless the valve is open. so lets hear what u got so i can finish this puppy up.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the flip side, making the pressure switch hold pressure at all times could weaken it and eventually cause a leak.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cold fusion reccommends that the bottle valve be open for heater to be on. Says it right on their heaters.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok so what about the pressure gauge? wouldnt that be better on the bottle side?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the transducer for my digital nitrous pressure gauge right in front of my nitrous solenoid. My thinking is that I want to know what the pressure is right at the solenoid, not 16 feet away from it
Old 09-04-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my take, I like the heater switch on the bottle. As you said, you can heat the bottle up with the bottle valve closed (or open) and it will automatically shut on and off as needed. No brainer and fool proof. I have two bottles and each has their own Heater switch on the bottle (as well as a Bottle Pressure Gauge). Put it on the mainline, and turn the heater on with the valve closed with the intention on turning it off on your own to check the pressure "later", get sidetracked and forget, and next thing you know you lost your bottle of nitrous to the rupture disc...

Now on a remote pressure gauge, I put that on the mainline on a -4 swivel adapter. The remote pressure sending units are a bit more expensive than the Heater switches, and there is no need to have one on each bottle.

Origional set up.