Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTENTION!!! HSW Brand new wet nozzel clogged!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
No, not at all lol. I was just pointing out was that you said that all your products get checked before shipping out. Guess that one bottle made it through the cracks lol?

Sure, all mfgs have QC. We don't use any green thread sealers, not to mention it would take a ton to clog a nozzle, and I doubt that it could easily be scraped out of the nozzle after curing. Personally I would LOVE to see what it was, but there apparently isn't any of the mysterious green stuff to look at. I did just look at one of your nozzles; I don't see any green thread sealant on the threads, looks more like white Teflon paste.

Matt
Matt,
When the green loc-tite dries it will dry green. However when you loosen the fitting breaking the loc-tite apart it looks like a white powder crystal.

Here is something for you to do as a test.
Take green loc-tite.
Put alittle extra on the fitting. Tighten the fitting so that the heat activates the loc-tite. After it dries look around that fitting. The excess that you can see will still be green.
Now remove the fitting. The substance in the threads that breaks up will be a white powder.
Dave
Old 09-14-2007, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Loc-tite 290 in some instances. It's an anaerobic acrylic based thread lock/sealer. Loctite claims it's medium-high strength.

It is usually referred to as "green" and is particularly useful when trying to get some extra insurance on parts that are already installed as it "wicks" into engaged threads.

In most cases I would use it to for insurance on a pulley that is pressed onto a shaft or when fasteners have already been set and cannot/should not be disassembled.

Anyway, that's here nor there I guess.

In my opinion even though QC is the responsibility of the manufacturer a good consumer will thoroughly check everything they purchase before use. Sounds like something made it through QC and a responsible consumer caught it before damage occured. Problem avoided everyone should be happy...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

and everyone is..... thought i should warn everyone though.. **** does happen...

and this was bought awhile ago.... a fair bit ago... maybe you changed sealant since then?

either way... all is good like chad said.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used green Loc-tite for years. It is a great seal and sleeve retainer

It does exactly what Dave said it does.

**** happens. It does not seem to happen on any kind of basis BUT the advise given was very sound.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Nope, never used green, same stuff as always, that is why I wish you would have seen it or even better there was some for us to see.

Matt

Originally Posted by Dragframe
and everyone is..... thought i should warn everyone though.. **** does happen...

and this was bought awhile ago.... a fair bit ago... maybe you changed sealant since then?

either way... all is good like chad said.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah.. wished he would have left it alone for me to send to you...

I really want to spray nitrous on something but i no longer have something i feel nitrous would be worth the time.. so =[
Old 10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Might a been a booger , mine are green , dry kinda hard and have been known to plug passages.