Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring in the NX kit > solenoid wires ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Wiring in the NX kit > solenoid wires ?

The wires coming from the purge, nitrous, and fuel solenoids are the same color. Does this mean there is no particular polarization and you can use either wire for the ground or the hot lead? Obviously, it's my first kit to wire up, so, I'm ignorant when it comes to the wiring part.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, polarity dosen't matter.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks a lot. I just started wirngt up the kit and I'm doing all the grounds first before I start running the hot leads to my 60 amp relays, switched power source (arming switch), and to the direct battery connection for the main hot leads into the #30 side of the relays ... one relay is for the noids and low draw peripherals and the other relay is for the bottle heater/transducer and electrical guages ... hope it works well like I am thinking it will.

I do have a 40 amp relay I am thinking of using for JUST the guages to get them off the bottle heater/transducer ... just not sure if it's a good idea to run too many seperate power wires all the way back from the bottle up to where the battery is located under the hood.

Quick Reply: Wiring in the NX kit > solenoid wires ?