Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Hp Will A 4 An Bottle Feed Line Support

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Hp Will A 4 An Bottle Feed Line Support

What hp will a 4 an and a 6 an bottle feed line support?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

-4AN will go up to about 400hp under "ideal" conditions, usually around 250-300 you can start thinking about upgrading. -6AN if you have to ask....
Old 09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

I was only able to get 200rwhp out of a -4an.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had two bottles T'ed into one 4an then splitting to two seperate kits, and ran a 285rwhp shot, on the dyno with no end in site. Watch the noid orifice size as the first restriction, then 90* fittings, along with crappy filters and/or screens, etc. The more stuff you have in line the more likely to see a limit sooner.
Robert
Old 09-29-2007, 07:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

200 is the limit on a -4. If you change to a -6 you will see an increase in mph and et when at the track. On the dyno it is a different story. The nitrous is only being sprayed for a short time. I have picked up as much as a tenth and 5 mph on a 250 shot changing nothing but the line. This was years ago (like 10) when I was just cutting my teeth in the world of DOPE.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GoldRust
200 is the limit on a -4. If you change to a -6 you will see an increase in mph and et when at the track. On the dyno it is a different story. The nitrous is only being sprayed for a short time. I have picked up as much as a tenth and 5 mph on a 250 shot changing nothing but the line. This was years ago (like 10) when I was just cutting my teeth in the world of DOPE.
400hp is the limit on a perfect straight shot run with a 4an. You likely had to many restrictions in your line if ya got maxed at 200 shot.
Robert
Old 09-30-2007, 11:46 AM

ok
Old 09-30-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok
We can easily see this restriction effect at work with the NOS 5177 dry kit. A very popular kit that has been run by many. It comes with redundant noids, or two noids inline. Well set-up as per NOS the kit is limited to about 135/145rwhp shot. Why, it's because of the restrictions of dual small orifices (IIRC about .068/.070). If you take a split the noids up so one noid goes to each nozzle, then we have a limit of about a 300shot. Even at 300hp shot the limiting factor is still the noid orifice size and not the kits supplied 4an main line.
Robert
Old 09-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Apples and oranges, Dry kits and wet kits. If you have a wet system spraying a 250 shot with a -4 line and all you do is change to a -6 you will see a signifigant air fuel ratio change. When you are using a dry system you are using the computer to supply the fuel. So you are not going to see the differences that I am refering to. I spend alot of time at the track and have built several HIGH power Nitrous assisted vehicles. You can think whatever you want. I will continue to build track proven setups. We will see if maby Nitro dave will chime in on this one. He knows of me and the cars that have my setups in them. They speak for them selves.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Apples and oranges, Dry kits and wet kits. If you have a wet system spraying a 250 shot with a -4 line and all you do is change to a -6 you will see a signifigant air fuel ratio change. When you are using a dry system you are using the computer to supply the fuel. So you are not going to see the differences that I am refering to. I spend alot of time at the track and have built several HIGH power Nitrous assisted vehicles. You can think whatever you want. I will continue to build track proven setups. We will see if maby Nitro dave will chime in on this one. He knows of me and the cars that have my setups in them. They speak for them selves.
Wow, logic and physics don't play a role in your absolute knowledge base?

Ok, lets get back to basics. A 4an line is a 4an line, is a 4an line, whether or not it's a wet hit or a dry hit. So, I am calling absolute BS on your contention that a 4an line is limited to 200hp, utter nonsense. How in the hell do you think a dry hit at 300hp would flow any more/less nitrous than a 300hp wet hit, again nonsense. Now I believe you have made gains by jumping to a 6an line, as others have also, however, it's not because a 4an line is limited to 200hp, but rather the 4an line is limited on your set-up because of a combo of any of these ie: noid orifice size, along with line lenght, along with filters/screens, along with 90* fittings, along with bottle valve, along with elect noid opener, along with line lenght after the noid, along with nozzle style/orifice size, bottle pickup tube style/size (can you say phase change). Just because you up the line size and make gains doesn't mean the 4an can't flow more than what you stated. If your system is this restrictive and you just up line size to bypass one or all of the restrictions likely the increase you see is from leaning out. That's the diffrence between wet and dry, where dry will auto correct the a/f, where the wet needs a/f checked with dyno and/or WB.

So in conclusion, what your saying is basiclly true, but there is more to the story. A 4an line will/can support 400hp, and this info came directly from NX. I don't think Dave can save ya on this one. Nothing personal, just trying to clarify so tohers will understand the line restriction issue, nothing more, nothing less.

Robert
Old 10-01-2007, 11:25 AM

OK I will just let this one go. You keep building your 10 second cars. I'll keep build record setting cars. Because in your world you have no filters and no 90 degree fittings. I completely understand that the line by itself will support the hp, but I work in the real world where people use 90's and filters. I'm done posting in this thread.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Although I admit to being a nitrous NOOB, but a 200 shot MAX on 4an doesnt make ANY sense at all.

With that logic, a person running a 150shot is already maxing out their system by 75%..There are kits (ALOT of them) on the market that run 4an in their setup and are good to more than a 200 shot.. So you mean to tell me that they are selling kits that are already maxed out before their even installed??

Again, I dont know much about N20, but I know enough to know that 4an will support MORE than 200 in normal conditions, with standard fittings.

Its one thing to say it reccomended to run 6an on systems that will support in excess of 200. Its another thing to say its a MAX amount..

OK I will just let this one go. You keep building your 10 second cars. I'll keep build record setting cars. Because in your world you have no filters and no 90 degree fittings. I completely understand that the line by itself will support the hp, but I work in the real world where people use 90's and filters. I'm done posting in this thread.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

What records?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here's mine, and just what we are talking about.
Worlds 2nd Quickest Stock LongBlock LS6/M12 (with any power adder) ,
and that power adder would be, wow, dry nitrous and larger than a 200shot with a 4an line, go figure.
Robert

Quick Reply: What Hp Will A 4 An Bottle Feed Line Support