Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions needed....

Hey guys, been out for some time now, had some personal issues and made a career change, so I kind of blew all my money I had set aside to do my turbo build between jobs. I'm gonna be putting the car back together with the same motor I had in there built for nitrous again. I sold a bunch of stuff, so I have a few decisions to make and was lookin for ideas. I really want to try and get the car into the 8's. The motor is still a 374 LS1, w/ the same heads and hydraulic roller cam (246/257 .632/.645 112+4). I'm getting the heads milled a little while they are in to be fixed to bump the compression up a little to around 12:1, was 11.3:1. I'm not sure on what intake/nitrous setup to go with, as I sold my fast and my old nx maf kit. I do know i'm gonna run a 400 shot using a progressive controller, i'm not too worried about lifting heads or anything, cuz i've hit 350 before and it's handled it and one of my buddies has been hittin 400 for a little while now w/o issues and just went back to back 8.9's this weekend. I was thinking of using a carb style intake, either a GMPP or a Super Victor with a Speedtech plate kit and a Wilson elbow with my NW 90mm TB. Which carb intake do you guys think would work better for my setup? Or should I just buy another FAST and put a direct port on it like I should've done the first time I had the FAST on there? I appreciate any and all input, i've got some time before everything goes back together, but i'm going to be starting to order some of the motor parts next week, so I wanted to get this out there and see what all the big dawgs think!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Hey guys, been out for some time now, had some personal issues and made a career change, so I kind of blew all my money I had set aside to do my turbo build between jobs. I'm gonna be putting the car back together with the same motor I had in there built for nitrous again. I sold a bunch of stuff, so I have a few decisions to make and was lookin for ideas. I really want to try and get the car into the 8's. The motor is still a 374 LS1, w/ the same heads and hydraulic roller cam (246/257 .632/.645 112+4). I'm getting the heads milled a little while they are in to be fixed to bump the compression up a little to around 12:1, was 11.3:1. I'm not sure on what intake/nitrous setup to go with, as I sold my fast and my old nx maf kit. I do know i'm gonna run a 400 shot using a progressive controller, i'm not too worried about lifting heads or anything, cuz i've hit 350 before and it's handled it and one of my buddies has been hittin 400 for a little while now w/o issues and just went back to back 8.9's this weekend. I was thinking of using a carb style intake, either a GMPP or a Super Victor with a Speedtech plate kit and a Wilson elbow with my NW 90mm TB. Which carb intake do you guys think would work better for my setup? Or should I just buy another FAST and put a direct port on it like I should've done the first time I had the FAST on there? I appreciate any and all input, i've got some time before everything goes back together, but i'm going to be starting to order some of the motor parts next week, so I wanted to get this out there and see what all the big dawgs think!

WHOAAA 400 shot!! I wouldnt trust my car on that big of a shot. Holy Sh****T besides the fact that if it worked my car would b sitting on the rear bumper and when i came down my oil pan wouldnt exist.After the oil pan goes the backfire that throws a rod. good luck man i would go with a GMPP but thats just my personal opinion.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
8 second mod

if i was you, i would do a set up like i just did, vic jr with accufab t--body.
throw a nice NX plate kit under it, it has tons of room front and back for the noids, then plumb a direct port on top of it.
the plate kit hits more violant then the direct port (imo) hit 200-250 out of the hole on a plate, then hit the rest with DP set up.

thats what i would do.

hope all is well tho on the personal end of things!!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Noyzee
if i was you, i would do a set up like i just did, vic jr with accufab t--body.
throw a nice NX plate kit under it, it has tons of room front and back for the noids, then plumb a direct port on top of it.
the plate kit hits more violant then the direct port (imo) hit 200-250 out of the hole on a plate, then hit the rest with DP set up.

thats what i would do.

hope all is well tho on the personal end of things!!
Thanks Brad, did you pick up on motor and spray with the vic jr? Did you have a lot of port work done on it? I've heard of a lot of cars goin slower with the vic jr, that's why I was thinking gmpp or super victor. I'd love to hear the real world data from the swap on ur car from the lsx. The accufab tb, is that the one that sits on top like it was a carb? You think it's better than an elbow with my nw 90mm? How much is that throttle body and where would I get it and is it harder to tune it, and is there any fitment issues? Sorry for all the ?'s dude. I wanna do things right the first time this time and see that 8 second pass. I'd like to stay away from 2 stages and just use a controller on it, i'm thinkin the controller will really help me keep her off the bumper, cuz I was leavin on all 300 before, so if I leave on like 200 and just ramp in the other 200 within a second, it shouldn't lift as high initially and hopefully just ride it out, plus I wanna try and keep the engine bay clean and easy to work on with not as much **** clutter in there like I used to have, lookin to make her clean this time, hehe.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
9 Second Club

Subscribe.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM
8 second mod

I went 10.4 with the old intake probably had a 10.3 in it with the current tune.

i swapped gears and intake and went 9.9 but it felt so much better on the top end, no falling off ect just pulled right to 8,000 rpm.
i did the porting myself, just hoged it out a little bit. i will be doing a bit more this winter with my new tool.

the 90 mm is a restriction in my mind, the accufap and victor is cheeper then the fast intake lol
its like 450 for the one i got, looks sweet and it was easy to tune (speed dens tune)
it seems to be working well with my set up.
as for the spray, the plate kit im using seems to hit REAL HARD!!!! i love it, it hits harder then my direct port.

you will have to notch the cowl a bit, but not bad.

get a 2 step in the car to take advantage of the converter and the car will rip.

let me know if you need any help or what not, im always here to help any way i can
Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Noyzee
I went 10.4 with the old intake probably had a 10.3 in it with the current tune.

i swapped gears and intake and went 9.9 but it felt so much better on the top end, no falling off ect just pulled right to 8,000 rpm.
i did the porting myself, just hoged it out a little bit. i will be doing a bit more this winter with my new tool.

the 90 mm is a restriction in my mind, the accufap and victor is cheeper then the fast intake lol
its like 450 for the one i got, looks sweet and it was easy to tune (speed dens tune)
it seems to be working well with my set up.
as for the spray, the plate kit im using seems to hit REAL HARD!!!! i love it, it hits harder then my direct port.

you will have to notch the cowl a bit, but not bad.

get a 2 step in the car to take advantage of the converter and the car will rip.

let me know if you need any help or what not, im always here to help any way i can
Thanks bro. Do you have an elbow with a regular type accufab throttle body, or is it one of those throttle bodies that sits on top of the carb mounting pad and looks like a carb? You runnin a big solid roller to be spinnin 8000rpm like that, or is it still hydraulic, just wonderin if the top end really picked up that much, cuz I always felt I was dyin off on the top end some and that if I had a better intake on it, it would pull further past the 7000 - 7200 rpm point I was shifting it at. Also, what kind of mph did you pick up from the swap, cuz that'll tell the story of hp gain?