Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb intake direct port pics needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That plate works fine with the lines like that.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
8 second mod

fourteen, yes, that was me.

boosted, i flowed that plate with those lines and over 80% of the flow went to the direct side, nothing went to the "T" part. it may work, but it isnt correct untill you put a y in.

brok'nls1 please pm me with the propor info here, you are a new user and your direct shots to dave wont fly well, he is well respected and its trouble, if you have an issue please pm me with it, i will deal with dave and get both sides together and see what we can do. please refrain from the bashing.
if dave screwed somthing up, im sure we can fix this.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
8 second mod

Dope, you will be ban from tech if you dont replace those ford racing breathers on that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brok'nls1
2 Post Or 100 Posts It Is What It Is!!! If You Don't Back Your Product What Good Is It? Nitro Dave Tried To Make It Work, He Worked On Himself, But It Blew The Intake Off On The 1st Pass I Made. He Would Not Refund My Money On The The Parts . If He Can't Make His Product Work Who Can? I Just Wanted A Refund On The Parts I Had Purchased From Him. I Did Not Ask For Repairs From The Damage His Product Had Caused. On File At The Bbb In Waco Texas
I would bet there is WAY more to this story than YOUR side. After spending probably 25 hours on the phone and making thousands of dollars worth of purchases in the last 3 years from Nitrous Outlet...I can attest to the fact that Dave and crew will do ANYTHING it takes and more to support the stuff the sell and build. So any possibilty that you did some idiotic thing with your system and blew your project up no matter who built your nitrous system? Any chance that you screwed up and are way to much a puss to admit it?

!!!Suggestion!!!
Leave his posts up here and let's see how many supportive posts we get for Dave...we can send that to the Waco BBB to defend our brother!!!

Last edited by BadAssFast; 10-07-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

There are times I wish an FBody had the room that Speedtech system photo has. That vehicle could have just done what ShiznityZ28 did and not even use an elbow...his TB is a tight fit - but I like his use of a plate. Maybe he'll post pix - i just have the magazine ones...
Old 10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Dope, you will be ban from tech if you dont replace those ford racing breathers on that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They already have by these.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BadAssFast
There are times I wish an FBody had the room that Speedtech system photo has. That vehicle could have just done what ShiznityZ28 did and not even use an elbow...his TB is a tight fit - but I like his use of a plate. Maybe he'll post pix - i just have the magazine ones...

I don't have any online but i think 1320 video had some from memphis.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Be Shy Of Buying Anything From Nitrious Outlet!!! I Bought Some Stuff From Them, Nitro Dave Worked On It Himself, And The First Pass I Made The Intake Came Unwrapped Like A Biscuit Can. Nitrious Outlet Will Not Refund My Money Not To Mention The Labor I Paid. I Have Filed A Comiplaint With The Waco Bbb.

Just to bring the truth out. Nitrous Outlet sold a plate and two solenoids to one of our wholesale accounts. When the order was placed from this shop we were asked to send a plate and two of the largest flowing solenoids we had instock.

All we did was sell the shop the parts they asked for. After recieving a call from the shop that bought the parts saying that you had blown your intake off at the track and they could not get the car to act right on a 250 shot I walked them through a series of flow test.

About two weeks later I talk to the shop and they said they were still having issues. So against my better judgement I decided to take a 2 hour drive to there shop to see if there was an issue with our products.

Upon my arrival to this shop I noticed several issues right off.

1. They were using a old technonolgy NOS progressive controller that can not supply enough to support the amp draw the solenoids required.

2. The car was wired with a small gauge wire that could not support the amp draw.

3. The dedicated fuel system had no relay and was wired with a small gauge wire.

To be able to test our products I had to temporaly rewire the car by passing the NOS controller and with a big enough gauge wire that could support the amps.

I flow tested the plate and check the solenoids and there were absolutly no issue with our products.

Before I rewired the system by passing the NOS controller and with a large enough wire to support the amp draw your car was poping and spitting due to the fact the nitrous components were not designed to be used with one another. The car had also had components added through out time and was not wired with the correct gauge wire and missing a realy to the dedicated.

We dynoed your car. The nitrous system was fine however your car had machnical or tunning issues. The car worked fine on lower hp levels but would go off the chart rich on larger hp levels. I determained your car had machanical or tunning issues. I was not hired to tune or fix your machnical issues. So after making sure there were no issues with our products I gave my opinions and left. About two weeks later I was told from the shop that they did not believe me and still felt like the issue was in our nitrous system. So they pulled our products off the car and installed a TNT system and the problem was still there. They told me that they were giving up and switching to a dry system. I still gave my opinion that the car had tunning or machanical issues. The next time I talk to them they said they switch to a dry system added injectors and retuned the car and was done with it....HMMMMMMMMMM Maybe the issue was in the tune. I have no way of knowing. But what I do know is that there were absulutly no issues with our products not working properly. I also know I went above and beyond to make sure that we gave the best customer service and products support to see if there was a issue with our products..

Now After they got you your car back you called us and asked to return your used plate and solenoids. Like I explained to you them. If there was a issue with our products I would have gave the shop a full refund with no questions asked. WE STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS!!!! PERIOD!!!

Like I told you then. Your issues were with the shop you had work on your car. I have never had any buisness dealings with you nor know who you are. We simply supplied a quality product to a shop that sold them to you. If there was a issue with our products we would have gave them there money back and then you would have to get your money back from them...

However since there were no issues with our products and they had then been installed and used we could not take them back.

I talked to you over the phone and you informed me that you did not know anything about the machanic part of the car and that you simply just drive the car. I would suggest learning a bit more so that you can understand alittle bit better. This is a great site to read and learn but nothing is better than working on your own car to learn.

Until you understand how amp draws, the machanics of your car, tunning etc I dont know any better way to explain things to you.

I have waisted countless hours dealing with your threats to our company, responces to the better buisness burrea due to your complaints and now you bashing us on the internet.

I dont know what else to due with you other than turn this over to our company attorney..

Like I have told you from the begging. Your problem needs to be taken up with the shop that sold you and installed your products. Not us. We did not wire your car, tune your car, or work on your car in any fashion other than making sure our products were fine...

I can not believe that I have been through so much crap with you. I should send you a bill for the 8 hours I missed at work, the 4 hours driving time to and from the shop, the parts I used to rewire your system, and the time I have spent dealing with you afterwards..

For now on I will never ever ever take my time and go to another shop just to see the problems had nothing to do with our products. Instead I dont care who the shop is I will have them send in the products for us to test and if they test out fine I will simply send them back and simply tell them they were fine and to look else where for there problems!!! No exceptions!!

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 10-07-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:09 AM
FormerVendor

For those reading along...

In defense for the shop that worked on this car.
I owned a speed shop for over 6 years. Every now and then you will get a car that just leaves you stumped as to why it is doing what it is. Sometimes it can turn out to be something major and sometimes it can turn out to be something small and stupid. I believe this car was one of those cars. I have known the guys at this shop for many years and like to think we have a pretty good relationship with one another. I have seen them turn out some great work and fast cars. This car was simply a toe stumper...

This car has been passed between two different owners. The last owner was the one that installed the dedicated fuel system and a NX maff system. Back in the day our dedicateds did not come with a relay. It had to be purchased seperatly. The original owner may not have been aware and as of result never installed one. The original owner had a NX maff system on the car. When he sold it to the guy that has it now he wanted more power from the nitrous system. This is when he took it to the shop to have the system upgraded. The shop was not aware that the NOS progressive would not support the amp draw for our solenoids and I was not aware that they were using the NOS progressive or I would have told them. The shop also tied into the system wiring that was already in the car. They did not install this system from scratch.

I am making this post so that it is understood that I am not bashing the shop that worked on the car in any way, shape, or fashion. I am simply defending our company.

Thanks
Dave
Old 10-08-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Junkie

2 Post Or 100 Posts It Is What It Is!!! If You Don't Back Your Product What Good Is It? Nitro Dave Tried To Make It Work, He Worked On Himself, But It Blew The Intake Off On The 1st Pass I Made. He Would Not Refund My Money On The The Parts . If He Can't Make His Product Work Who Can? I Just Wanted A Refund On The Parts I Had Purchased From Him. I Did Not Ask For Repairs From The Damage His Product Had Caused. On File At The Bbb In Waco Texas
i think its time for you to stop working on your car and let a pro do it
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
For those reading along...

In defense for the shop that worked on this car.
I owned a speed shop for over 6 years. Every now and then you will get a car that just leaves you stumped as to why it is doing what it is. Sometimes it can turn out to be something major and sometimes it can turn out to be something small and stupid. I believe this car was one of those cars. I have known the guys at this shop for many years and like to think we have a pretty good relationship with one another. I have seen them turn out some great work and fast cars. This car was simply a toe stumper...

This car has been passed between two different owners. The last owner was the one that installed the dedicated fuel system and a NX maff system. Back in the day our dedicateds did not come with a relay. It had to be purchased seperatly. The original owner may not have been aware and as of result never installed one. The original owner had a NX maff system on the car. When he sold it to the guy that has it now he wanted more power from the nitrous system. This is when he took it to the shop to have the system upgraded. The shop was not aware that the NOS progressive would not support the amp draw for our solenoids and I was not aware that they were using the NOS progressive or I would have told them. The shop also tied into the system wiring that was already in the car. They did not install this system from scratch.

I am making this post so that it is understood that I am not bashing the shop that worked on the car in any way, shape, or fashion. I am simply defending our company.

Thanks
Dave
Hey Dave, out of curiosity, which nos controller was this, cuz i've been up between the fjo 2 stage mini and the nos 2 stage mini, was leanin toward the nos so I don't have to use the laptop to program it, but if it happens to be that one and has issues with bigger noids, i'll go fjo.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Hey Dave, out of curiosity, which nos controller was this, cuz i've been up between the fjo 2 stage mini and the nos 2 stage mini, was leanin toward the nos so I don't have to use the laptop to program it, but if it happens to be that one and has issues with bigger noids, i'll go fjo.
I'd be interseted in hearing the answer to this also.
I'm looking for another controller something besides FJO.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

The NOS controller they were using was the old school with the turn *****. NOS now offers a mini digital controller with hand controller that can support more amps than there old units.

If you are not wanting a FJO unit that does ot use a laptop another unit to consider is our turn **** progressive.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2144

Dave
Old 10-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

I Have Filed A Comiplaint With The Waco Bbb.

copy and paste from the Better Busines Bureau complaint.

08/03/2007 Case Against Wrong Company-Notify Consumer
Old 10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
If you are not wanting a FJO unit that does ot use a laptop another unit to consider is our turn **** progressive.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2144

Dave
Dave,
I dont really need the progressor, I want something to control 2 stages that wont take a **** on me at the track.

Looking for something simple that can handle a 4 noid direct port on 1 stage and a single dry second stage.

Do I need 2 controllers to do this?
Is there a controller that can handle a 4 noid direct port?

Thanks for the help.. if I can get a controller to work I may make it to the LSX race with my new set up.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:20 AM
9 Second Club

Do I need something like this? .......70amps for a 4 noid set up?

Nitrous Pro Flow
Part # 811000
70 Amp 2 Stage Nitrous Contol Unit- for Direct Port Systems
Old 10-08-2007, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Dave,
I dont really need the progressor, I want something to control 2 stages that wont take a **** on me at the track.

Looking for something simple that can handle a 4 noid direct port on 1 stage and a single dry second stage.

Do I need 2 controllers to do this?
Is there a controller that can handle a 4 noid direct port?

Thanks for the help.. if I can get a controller to work I may make it to the LSX race with my new set up.
I'm expecting my FJO Mini Controller to work my new 4 solenoid DP. Just use the controller for 2 stage and 0 out all the Porgressive parts. Just program it on your PC and install it. I don't see why that wouldn't work? It sounds like you already have an FJO piece?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BadAssFast
I'm expecting my FJO Mini Controller to work my new 4 solenoid DP. Just use the controller for 2 stage and 0 out all the Porgressive parts. Just program it on your PC and install it. I don't see why that wouldn't work? It sounds like you already have an FJO piece?
I had a FJO 2 stage window switch not work , then we went to the FJO mini controller and it worked for a few dyno pulls and 1 day at the track.

Good luck with yours.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
I had a FJO 2 stage window switch not work , then we went to the FJO mini controller and it worked for a few dyno pulls and 1 day at the track.

Good luck with yours.
Sorry, i'm having a hard time following you. I understand you problems with the 2 stage W/S but has the FJO Mini failed? If so what did FJO say? Maybe we can get a chime in from Chris, Ray or Dave as far as the FJO Mini being suitable to control 4 noids per stage ground.
I'll start a new thread - called FJO MINI Wiring for 4...

Last edited by BadAssFast; 10-08-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
8 second mod

Dave, thanks for your side, issue solved i guess. if this moves on, action will be taken, sounds like you did your job plus some.

Quick Reply: Carb intake direct port pics needed!!