Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fastest nitrous times with a 4L60E?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007 | 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Man its nice to see some great results.. I guess technonolgy on these transmissions have came along ways since I gave up on them.
Dave
Old 10-26-2007 | 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

3600 lbs
STOCK Tranny
ST Yank 4000
150 shot
Best run 11.07 @ 121.78
Car has 80000 miles on it.
A couple 1.49s, tons of 1.52-1.54 60' times.
Old 10-27-2007 | 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

We have them going there We have done it in Turbo cars and mine is only a heart beat away from alot of nines
Old 10-28-2007 | 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

My best was 10.78 on a 125 hit with a built 4l60e. I then changed nozzles which gave me around 50extra rw and the tranny wouldnt make the 2-3 shift. I know decided to go with a built 4l80e and im hoping that will be in within the next month or so that should hold. It seems to me that the 4l60e doesnt break in the vettes as easy for some reason maybe because the vette is lighter or something?? I dont really know why the trans wouldnt shift it had about 2k miles and 25 passes or so and never really beat on the street. Im pretty sure nothing is going on with the car if I let out the trans would shift and the only change that I made was change nozzles which therefore made some power not allowing the trans to complete the 2-3.
Old 11-29-2007 | 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by daniel6718
there was a debate in the race section that people couldent proove anyone going any faster tahn a 10.0 or so with a 60-e...i know some1 has been faster but no1 can actually give a name car and specks...id assume somewhere around bottom nines with 60-e....8's for any power adder
This is a very interesting and very relevant thread. I just ran into it last night while I was surfing.

Vince at FLT in Chicago and I talk several times a week, we compare notes and enjoy typical shop talk B/S. I know that he has more than one car in the 9.xx's. I won't embelish on how many units he has doing it. He'll have to speak to that... but I am sure I can say many cars in good faith. My company does not have the legs in the marketplace that FLT enjoys... but our respective research and development programs are thorough and ongoing. We both are always seeking to build a better unit. We are constantly improving the units. And that is why we have a deep mutual respect for one another.

Because my shop is situated between Texas Raceway in Kennedale, Tx. and Northstar Raceway in Denton we have more guys running the 1/8 mile than 1/4 mile. We have a few cars running in the mid 6.xx's.

The question is not can a 4L60E be built to go that fast. The question is can it live in that environment long term as Dave mentioned earlier here. The answer is yes. But it takes a very well built unit to do that. An average "built" unit is not going to get you there. The fastest cars we have are doing it with manual valve bodies. I have found that the units are much more durable when we eliminate the PCM. That does not mean they shift better of faster. I mean that in my personal experience the MVB units are living just fine.

On a different note, we have several guys spraying healthy 150 - 250 N2O shots on our level 2 units. They are living just fine. The ones to watch are in the pickup trucks because the chassis is much heavier than anything else. So if there is a truck running low 8.xx's - low 7.xx's in the 1/8 consistantly and long term, then you can bet it is a very well built unit.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and also see if Vince wants to offer any comments.

g