Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with fuel trim issue.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with fuel trim issue.

So, I hooked up everything, got it all working right, and sprayed my TA for the first time lastnight. I used the 75shot jets, and everything worked GREAT!! Felt great, computer said it all worked good, and I monitored it all with the HP tuners scanner and all was good, so feeling alittle cocky, I re-jetted up to 150hp and went out tonight, LAME!!! I felt it kick in, but I ran up 4 degrees knock retard( where the pcm retards for a knock issue ) and went -15% on my long term fuel trims both banks? I havent really touched my timing, and all I have are small things deleted out of my dtc's as far as a tune.

I am lost, if some one knows the issue here PLEASE HELP!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what issue, other than needing to pull some timing. All negative fuel trims are dropped when going wot. It's a safety thing, you don't want to pull fuel at WOT. If they were positive then they would be added to your WOT PE Multiplier, again a safety thing, computer percieves a lean condition at PT, so it's safer to keep the addeitional fuel at WOT if there is really a lean issue. So bottom line, your part throttle neg trims have nothing to do with spraying.
Day to day your trims can be 10% or more different, so if they are not all close to zero when tuned, they certainly can get to +/- 15%, and doesn't mean there is a problem, other than needing a little better fine tuning.
Robert
Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ The Octane
Old 10-19-2007, 12:14 AM
11 Second Club

okay, thanks, I am going to try and find a way to pull timing with this hp tuner program, I am sure there is a good way, but just nothing "straight forward".

thanks again,
Jason
Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
okay, thanks, I am going to try and find a way to pull timing with this hp tuner program, I am sure there is a good way, but just nothing "straight forward".

thanks again,
Jason
With a wet shot and HP Tuner not sure you can do a dual tune like a dry hit. meaning timing pull with a dry hit does not effect the n/a tune.
Robert