Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n.o.s. mini controller please help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
as long as the controller is showing "r r" it hasn't activated...it is showing "ready" on both stages

I could manually program the TPS with the key on but motor off...slowly depress the throttle until I reached the value I wanted. I had an issue where my TPS voltage was varying at WOT between 4.6 and 4.7 .... I manually programmed 4.5.

I am running the NOS mini also.
im gonna try this, and see what happens when my tps voltage is set a couple tenths lower.

as far as using a test light to check everything, i have and everything works, and everything is hooked up right, its just when all the parameters are met (rpm and tps voltage) on the system, the controller just flashes the " r " on the display back and forth real fast. and the noids dont get thier ground.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
9 Second Club

Also when the controller engages the lights go from r r to 1 or 2 depending on what stage is activated. If you set the window switch to 0 , you can test to see if thats where the prob is. A test light connected to 12v can tell you if the controller is grounding the blue wire (stage 1).
Old 11-23-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

well, i ve come to the conclusion that the actuall controller is defective, i checked everything with a helper and test light. at one point i set the start rpm to 4000 and just barely touching the throttle would trigger the system, even though it was no where near 4000rpms, then just turning th car off and back on (not changing anything else) and it wouldnt trigger even above 4000., so i just hooked everything up using my timing tunner as a window switch, and a micro switch for wot, and everything is working ok now. so any one know how to go about send the controller back to nos for them to go through it.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

call NOS customer service, they will issue a Return Authorization and give you the rest of the information you need to return it. They will then test the unit to determine if it is faulty. If it does test "bad" they will either repair or replace the unit for you.

If you have any trouble let me know and I will do what I can to help.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
call NOS customer service, they will issue a Return Authorization and give you the rest of the information you need to return it. They will then test the unit to determine if it is faulty. If it does test "bad" they will either repair or replace the unit for you.

If you have any trouble let me know and I will do what I can to help.
thanks a lot ray

Quick Reply: n.o.s. mini controller please help!!!!!