Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Pressure Switch, have to replace whole bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Pressure Switch, have to replace whole bottle?

So I bought a new pressure switch from nitrous outlet 2 weeks ago and went to install it this morning. I got the old one out with no problems, needed to replace it because it would not turn off even though it was "set". So I put some teflon paste on the fitting and screwed that back into the bottle, and then got the bottle filled. I drove home with the bottle heater on to set the pressure switch and got home and heard a small hiss from the bottle. So I barely tightend the new pressure switch and it snapped (got nice frostbite marks on my hand now ). So I am wondering if I am able to get just a new bottle valve and not the whole bottle? I have looked but it only looks like they come with the bottle.

I will call nitrous outlet on Monday to see if I can get that replaced but I am wondering if I will need a whole new bottle.

Sorry for the crappy pics, cell phone pics. The pressure switch with the threads on it is the old one I had to remove.

Last edited by ViperJ; 12-08-2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Give us a call on monday and we can make arrangements for you to send us your bottle and the pressure switch.

Worst case scenario is we can replace the valve, but we can likely remove the broken stud and just replace the switch.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you say ez out?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that one. Go buy an easy out at a parts store, tool place, home depot or where ever. Take the old pressure switch, you'll need one that will fit in the orifice to the pressure switch. Then you basically screw it out. You'll of course need another one now, and then you can re-install it. It was probably over tightened. Thats why it was hissing, then you just broke it off. People far too often way over tighten everything....

Good Luck, Its quite an easy fix!