Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous with Meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitrous with Meth injection

I have used the search function without much info on this.

Who has done it and what kind of results did you have?

I am thinking about finding an old windshield washer resevoir with a washer motor and making a homemade meth kit. Where could I get a fan type nozzle that would work with this kind of setup?

Here is the setup of my car. HSW Sudden Impact Dry kit w/ bottle heater, TSP 231/237, LT headers, ORY, cutout, LCA, Relo, Spohn tunnel mount adj. TQ arm, Vig 3600 in front of a built tranny, FAST 36# inj, LS6 intake, Ported TB, PLX wideband, HPTuners, and a Lid.

Put down 469 rwhp/548 rwtq with a .082 pill in the dry nozzle (Solenoid orphace .078). Nozzle placement still needs to be worked on to get max hp out of it. This was on a safe tune with 25 degrees of timing w/Autolite 103 plugs.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

My friend used to run meth with nitrous, had a separate fuel cell and fuel pump and it worked pretty good.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Second Club

I plan on a good dyno session in the near future to find out what kind of gains can be had. Relocating my dry nozzle is first on the list. If I can get this to work right, I could see a 2nd stage to possibly spray into the high 9's.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I could see you blowing that thing up too well before it gets anywhere near a 9 second pass.

If running meth with nitrous was a good idea, don't you think you'd see the fastest nitrous cars on here doing it? They aren't for a reason......
Old 12-24-2007, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
They aren't for a reason......
That doesn't answer any questions that I asked and I don't care if I blow it up. I'm not looking for opinions, I'm looking for facts and facts alone. BTW when I do this I'll be trying a few different types of fuels denatured alcohol is on the list too.... I want to be able to use a secondary fuel that will atomize through a fan nozzle really well and easily dial in my afr.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Race your car!

Just get it on video and post it, this should be fun to watch.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:09 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I could see you blowing that thing up too well before it gets anywhere near a 9 second pass.

If running meth with nitrous was a good idea, don't you think you'd see the fastest nitrous cars on here doing it? They aren't for a reason......
Thats a good point but I would expect the reason for that is there running race gas. Wouldn't running meth help prevent detonation on pump gas? I still think its dumb to mix the two.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Race your car!

eOn paper it should help stop detonation.. but why someone would bother with that **** and not just get some good fuel and put it in the tank is beyond me. There is zero point to the entire idea, it's like going with a standalone, but it's a total rig job.

I also think a meth kit will have puddling issues because they are designed to atomize in presureized intake charges, not with nitrous

Like I said, I hope someone gets it all on video and posts it up because I see an explosion/broken **** coming from this.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:09 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
That doesn't answer any questions that I asked and I don't care if I blow it up. I'm not looking for opinions, I'm looking for facts and facts alone. BTW when I do this I'll be trying a few different types of fuels denatured alcohol is on the list too.... I want to be able to use a secondary fuel that will atomize through a fan nozzle really well and easily dial in my afr.
I know a few that have tried using a stand alone with no better results than gas. LSX cars that is. I also know some with alky burning BIG inch B/B chevys that have had very good success.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

How about alcohol instead of meth? You're right JL ws-6, a total rig job. Washer reservoir with a mist nozzle. Keep my dry shot in the airbox and add alcohol in the bellow via mist nozzle. I think that even E85 may be too heavy for this. I'd wire it up so one doesn't spray without the other. I'm thinking that it might be good for some cheap HP. I'm trying to see if there is anyone that has done something like this and what were the results. I don't really want to spend a bunch of $$$ setting up a stand alone. If I picked up a safe 10-20 hp, it would be worth it IMHO. I could do this setup for $50-$75.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 AM
Race your car!

The problem is going to be the atomization, without boost I don't think the meth or whatever will atomize all that well.

NOw if you were going to try to do this thru a single nozzle like a wet kit so the nitrous would atomize the fuel, whatever it may be it might work, but at that point why not just use gas?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

I was just trying to see if anyone has tried such a homemade kit. I could always make a homemade kit with a fuel pump and run alky with an alky solenoid. I figure that I could put together a nice homemade stand alone kit for around $300, maybe a little less. The first thing I need to do is get my nozzle in a place that is best for my kit. I will be putting it on a dyno to find the sweet spot. Once I get it right, I may introduce a small amount of alky to see if there are any results good or bad. I think that if done right, it could work well with some real hp gains. How well does alky work in high cyl. pressures?
Old 12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Alcohol is designed for high cylinder pressures. It has the ability to cool the air intake charge and keep the engine running at a VERY cool temp.Mainly being used in VERY high compression N/A and forced induction applications. Nitrous cools your air charge already negating the advantages of Meth. Like JL said earlier, If the advantages were there, everyone would be using it. Good luck with your build.