Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have some NANO install Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Robert, LOL that thing lit must look like a Christmas Tree! I shoulda added some Green LED's...(maybe I did just for that reason ).

Today marks the end of vacation in the shipyard in Singapore, moving outta the hotel and onto the new rig, internet access will be limited (gotta walk a 1/2 mile to the company trailers ) so I may be laying low the next week til we get away from dockside. For some reason the military will not let us power up our comm suite dockside.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

wow after seeing the dyno videos im sold .. im sure with a larger shot 300 or so the nano would be even more helpfull right ?

few questions ...
1 nano botle is just fill with super high presure co2 right ?
2 no more bottle heater is needed correct ?
3 nano works by filling all the empty space in the bottle after nitrous is used to keep bottle presure up at 1000psi riight ?

if it is co2 not nitrous (as i think it is ) whats gonna prevent the co2 to run into the nitrous lines and engine after all the nitrous is used up ?

im ready to buy after i get all my lil questions answerd soooo..expect a call from me soon nitrous outlet.. AGAIN !! lol....
Old 01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. You can fill the bottle with just high pressure air actually
2. no more bottle heater
3. Yes it fills the nitrous bottle from the smaller nano bottle

When the bottle runs empty, it will let some of the air through the nitrous line, but the motor will just bog(from having fuel only and no nitrous) like it would if you had a dead bottle when not using nano.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

so no running lean resulting in a blow motor right ?

so c02 and high presure air isnt the same thing ??
any advanteges of running nitrogen instead of the regulat hpa?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSx007

nitrogen is high pressure air, the air we breath is made up of something like 73% nitrogen
Old 01-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Its not C02 its either compressed nitrogen or compressed air or HPA which as stated before is 70+% nitrogen. nitrogen is more "compressible" but filling your NANO bottle with HPA is cheaper.. I am working on a home made "NANO" system thats a fraction of the cost of those available currently.. when its complete and tested ill post a parts list and sources
Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

ok i get it .. sounds good .. so a 15 pound bottle with a 15 pound nano kit will last and run out at the same time ? or will the nano be good for more than 1 bottle ?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow after seeing the dyno videos im sold .. im sure with a larger shot 300 or so the nano would be even more helpfull right ?

few questions ...
1 nano botle is just fill with super high presure co2 right ?
2 no more bottle heater is needed correct ?
3 nano works by filling all the empty space in the bottle after nitrous is used to keep bottle presure up at 1000psi riight ?

if it is co2 not nitrous (as i think it is ) whats gonna prevent the co2 to run into the nitrous lines and engine after all the nitrous is used up ?

im ready to buy after i get all my lil questions answerd soooo..expect a call from me soon nitrous outlet.. AGAIN !! lol....
These are also the reasons the Nano is sounding better and better all the time to me. My only problem at this point is the cost.
no more heaters
fill with H/P air
more efficient N2O hits
consistent ¼ runs
use all the N2O in the bottle

Hopefully, one of our vendors will put together a package that forestalls all the hype and advertising in such a way as the $$ thing comes into a more affordable range. You guys listening, lol?
Robert
Old 01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dr.Accumulator
Its not C02 its either compressed nitrogen or compressed air or HPA which as stated before is 70+% nitrogen. nitrogen is more "compressible" but filling your NANO bottle with HPA is cheaper.. I am working on a home made "NANO" system thats a fraction of the cost of those available currently.. when its complete and tested ill post a parts list and sources

I used to play paintball, so I know there are larger canisters out there, and it can be done for less that's for sure, but it's a great overall package from these guys. And, no bottle heater to deal with.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdog33
I used to play paintball, so I know there are larger canisters out there, and it can be done for less that's for sure, but it's a great overall package from these guys. And, no bottle heater to deal with.
The system should sell for about the same price as a good electric heater setup. I can understand a few dollars more being that it is newer technology but not $100's more. I can be built for a lot less and just as reliable.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by myfast70
The system should sell for about the same price as a good electric heater setup. I can understand a few dollars more being that it is newer technology but not $100's more. I can be built for a lot less and just as reliable.
People have been trying to build this setup for 20 years, and haven't got it perfected the way nano has. Also the nano bottle IS DOT APPROVED.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
Also the nano bottle IS DOT APPROVED.
shame the nitrous bottle its hooked to isnt
Old 01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Launching!

1. You can fill the bottle with just high pressure air actually
2. no more bottle heater
3. Yes it fills the nitrous bottle from the smaller nano bottle

When the bottle runs empty, it will let some of the air through the nitrous line, but the motor will just bog(from having fuel only and no nitrous) like it would if you had a dead bottle when not using nano.
letting some of the air in the motor over and over is not going to hurt it at all?
Old 01-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

thats the thing .. when the nitrous is out u will definatly notice.. it wont take more than one hit to realize no more nitrous ounly air ..

as for the price.. its a bit pricy but figure u can sell the warmer and use that money towards the nano kit ..
a few 100s$ is a small price to pay to knw that when ur car is on the bottle it will run as consistant as ur car on motor ..
and who can argue with the extra power !!!!!!

well worth the money i think...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2nasty
letting some of the air in the motor over and over is not going to hurt it at all?
what do u think is going in there when u hit the gas pedal?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Staging Lane

lol......
Old 01-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
what do u think is going in there when u hit the gas pedal?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

People have been trying to build this setup for 20 years, and haven't got it perfected the way nano has. Also the nano bottle IS DOT APPROVED.
10 lb setup
100+ c.i Bottle...4500 max psi w reg.... hpa /h.o. bottle= 850+ discharge psi.. few hundred maybe new from paintball source
inline check valve + -3 or -4 line. less that 50 bucks
Drill and tap bottle valve to accept -3 or -4 line or buy one with a gauge port.. like NX high flow..
fill bottles. connect the two ..turn reg up to 1000psi-1100psi

Done..
no reason to pay 600 bucks for the universal system on the nano site when you can get the exact same result for far less.. the research probably to nail down what kind of capacity the HPA bottle needed to be to push 10 lb of spray.. ect..ect..testing mine this weekend.. ill post results from dyno and the track
Old 01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Cool Robert, LOL that thing lit must look like a Christmas Tree! I shoulda added some Green LED's...(maybe I did just for that reason ).

Today marks the end of vacation in the shipyard in Singapore, moving outta the hotel and onto the new rig, internet access will be limited (gotta walk a 1/2 mile to the company trailers ) so I may be laying low the next week til we get away from dockside. For some reason the military will not let us power up our comm suite dockside.
Maybe if you could just climb the derrick ladder a few times a week then the walk wouldn't seem so bad.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ramairroughneck
Maybe if you could just climb the derrick ladder a few times a week then the walk wouldn't seem so bad.
LOL...

I have just been offered a Asst Rig manager job in China...looks like my panel shop will only be open 5 weeks a year.

Quick Reply: Anyone have some NANO install Pictures