Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous on 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I read where you mentioned your tuner....My advice would be talk to your tuner, and seek their advice. They can also tell you if they'd rather tune a dry kit or a wet kit. I say this because I'm letting you know, IF you decide to spray it, get it tuned for the kit. Theres already a lot of heat under there, don't want to add unneeded stress

-Will
Old 01-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Teching In

I have had several svt vehicles, an 03 and a 04 cobra and a couple of lightnings. I had a procharger on the 03 and a kb on the 04. I never sprayed either one but if I could go back and do it again I would have the stock blower ported and hit it with a 100-150 shot and you will out run almost any kb car out their. The cobra's with the ported blower respond very well to nitrous. I wouldn't waste the money one the twin screw, just buy a nitrous outlet kit and go from their. The hit you get from the nitrous hits twice as hard as the blower hit. Their was a guy here in Kansas city who had a ported eaton with a dry shot and that car went mid 10's. He whooped my *** every time we raced.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nasty03Cobra
Yea Im running the terrible Sumitomo street tires right now but the Nittos are on the way...Im thinking somewhere between a 75-100 will be plenty. Now whats the better option wet or dry??

You do understand you will not hook for **** with nittos right?

You need a MT or a slick
Old 01-12-2008, 02:39 PM

Yea ive posted on svtperformance about it, just trying to get a wide range of options to see whats best, nothing wrong with that is there? Because I might be mistaken, but im sure Im not the only Cobra owner on this site correct?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

I'm pretty sure theres a Cobra owner who serves as a moderator here....

-Will
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

With you having boost already the best system for you would be a single nozzle wet kit http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=803 and if you were looking at something more introductory then I could set you into one of our Brand X systems for $299.00 https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/820566-introducing-brand-x-nitrous-systems.html ( Price good till the end of the month ). Not only will the nitrous help cooling the air ( Like a Meth kit ) but you get the added benifit of the Horsepower increase from the nitrous itself. With the mods that you have right now you could spray a 35 shot on the car which would net you around 50hp due to using it in conjuction with boost. Along with the system I would suggest getting a Window switch and a FPSS ( Fuel Pressure Safety Switch )...those are two major safety items that are a must have IMO.

-Chris

Quick Reply: Nitrous on 03 Cobra