Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bad boy intake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New bad boy intake!!!

Well im always lookin to go faster and im in the process of a new cam heads are getting updated and a new intake.Heres a couple pics of the new intake next to my old.
Attached Thumbnails New bad boy intake!!!-new-intake-001.jpg   New bad boy intake!!!-new-intake-002.jpg   New bad boy intake!!!-new-intake-003.jpg   New bad boy intake!!!-new-intake-005.jpg  
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Holy crap, that thing is crazy nice. What type of 8" cowl hood are you going to run? That thing looks TALL! Do you have to put aircraft markers lights like on the water towers? lol. That thing should make some power!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

that new manifold is wow. it is nice. I like it.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Holy crap, that thing is crazy nice. What type of 8" cowl hood are you going to run? That thing looks TALL! Do you have to put aircraft markers lights like on the water towers? lol. That thing should make some power!
Ill wire lights on top of the solenoids if tech makes me.BTW its tall but there is still room since i had to trim the cowl.Looks like a mini bigblock.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where'd it come from or who makes it? Is the super victor we've been hearing about or this a one off piece?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Where'd it come from or who makes it? Is the super victor we've been hearing about or this a one off piece?
It's a one off piece and im working with cary at ET to get my car to run numbers.I run a local class that only allows cast fourbarrel intakes no sheetmetal allowed.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by tuff
It's a one off piece and im working with cary at ET to get my car to run numbers.I run a local class that only allows cast fourbarrel intakes no sheetmetal allowed.
So, if it's cast that meens he has a mold for it..... When can we see them hit the shelves? I really need a good intake and don't want to spend the money on a sheet metal unless I find a used one.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Ill wire lights on top of the solenoids if tech makes me.BTW its tall but there is still room since i had to trim the cowl.Looks like a mini bigblock.

The intake really looks bad A**!! They put a lot of time into it.

It does look very tall.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

weaksauce. mike what the **** do you plan on racing with that thing...one of those jet cars at gld?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
9 Second Club

I need that intake!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
I need that intake!!!!
spill the beans about when it'll be available and more specification details.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

spill the beans about when it'll be available and more specification details.
You won't see anything intill winter.There still in the works but it won't be that intake but it will be the same style long large runners.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

You won't see anything intill winter.There still in the works but it won't be that intake but it will be the same style long large runners.
That's fine for me though. My car probably won't be close to done until then. How long are the runners compared to your current intake (GMPP I think?)? Do the runners have any taper to them? Do you have a cross sectional area comparison? Last, but not least how tall is the intake and how much taller than your current one? I'm wondering if I could fit a good elbow on there or will I need that Joe Van O hood sooner than I thought....
Old 09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Intresting intake Tuff. What Et head are you running, and will that be available to match up to the 240's?

I would like to try a single plane next year, and if ET has something in the works, that would be my first choice.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

That's fine for me though. My car probably won't be close to done until then. How long are the runners compared to your current intake (GMPP I think?)? Do the runners have any taper to them? Do you have a cross sectional area comparison? Last, but not least how tall is the intake and how much taller than your current one? I'm wondering if I could fit a good elbow on there or will I need that Joe Van O hood sooner than I thought....
I don't know the length diffrnents on the runners but they really are alot more straight compared to the gmpp intake.The runners are not tapperd like my gmpp and the intake is 1 1/2 taller.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Intresting intake Tuff. What Et head are you running, and will that be available to match up to the 240's?

I would like to try a single plane next year, and if ET has something in the works, that would be my first choice.
Im sure that it's not a problem matching ports on a 240 head,im running the 255 the key is if your going to run a intake like the one i have your going to have to step up on compression and a big cam.And my cam that was just matched to my heads and intake is pretty big.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice.. Who is making the intake.
Dave
Old 09-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Im sure that it's not a problem matching ports on a 240 head,im running the 255 the key is if your going to run a intake like the one i have your going to have to step up on compression and a big cam.And my cam that was just matched to my heads and intake is pretty big.

I'm already running 13.5 to 1 compression, so I think that won't be an issue. Cam change isn't a big deal, until it gets to the point that the stock computer won't handle it anymore, I guess that would really be the only limitation. I don't want to go solid roller quite yet either, I wasn't planning on doing that until the motor comes out for rings and bearings.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:19 AM
9 Second Club

Has the intake been flowed? The thing that might hurt me is my heads are only 230cc. I'm having my vic jr hogged out right now and I know it's taller than a GMPP plus I run a spacer.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Nice.. Who is making the intake.
Dave
Cary at ET heads.

Has the intake been flowed?
I'd like to see the heads flowed. Then bolt the intake down and flowed again on the same bench. It would be nice to see what it does. It would be really nice to test it with an elbow, but I know Tuff's running a top mounted tb. Is it a 4150 or 4500 flange?

The thing that might hurt me is my heads are only 230cc. I'm having my vic jr hogged out right now and I know it's taller than a GMPP plus I run a spacer.
The runner area on this intake looks humongous compared to the vic jr and gmpp. Even ported I don't think either would compare. I can't wait to see results out of it.