Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Dry Nozzle Idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Interesting Dry Nozzle Idea

I've been thinking of a lot of different / odd nitrous setups recently. Most of them are budget orientated and involve odd parts. I've been wanting to do a dry direct port for the engine I'm going to be putting in my camaro, but building 2 cars is killing my budget. If I had the choice I'd just buy a complete kit, but $$$ is the issue. Not to mention I like doing different kinds of things that get people scratching their heads when I explain it to them.

Now, back to the topic at hand. I was searching for alcohol parts and noticed some alcohol injectors that look remarkably similar to dry nozzles. See pic:

Note the remarkable resemblance. I've been looking at a whole bunch of different alcohol nozzles and they come in the same 1/16 and 1/8 sizes as their nitrous counterparts. One possible problem I foresee is the jetting, but I think I have a way around it. I think I could find the right size compression fittings to fit in the nozzles and still hook up to standard lines. I was thinking for jetting of using funnel style jets and hook it up pretty much like:

The price is nice as I can get the alcohol nozzles for about $10-20 from a friend / acquaintance who has a bunch of old sprint car parts. The only thing that concerns me is the outlet. I don't know how the size compares to say the NOS fan style nozzle I posted. What do you guys think? Will it work? What problems will I face? If any guys with mechanical fuel injection experience could chime in that would really help me out.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ummm. I am thinking that so long as you have the correct jetting, it might not make that big of a difference on the set up.. so long as you are getting the spray to the right spot, and it has a decent fan/spray area..
You should be good.... I dont like the poly tubing you are showing. my .02

But I would say to test the spray before hitting the button and spraying the engine.