Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden Nitrous on LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hidden systems`

I used to work at a race fabrication shop. I learn how to do a lot of things there. This is a little nitrous kid I put together on my lt1 caprice cop car..

It was fully hidden, I had a little bolt of engine cover in the back that cover the lines and custom part of the intake.. I also mounted the purge tube facing down very low on the inner firewall, practically down by the ground. I ran the purge into the horn, set the rear defrost and the arming switch and had a Wide Open Throttle switch hooked up to work it. The purge would not run the horn and I would only purge while doing a burnout so the sound and nitrous cloud were hidden by the exhaust noise and tire smoke..
Attached Thumbnails Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden1.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden2.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden3.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden4.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden6.jpg  

Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden7.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-hidden8.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-bottle2.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-bottle1.jpg  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

note the bottle pics were not from my car, they were from a friends impala however I had the exact same hiding spot in my spare tire spot.. here is a tpi car MY BOSS did
Attached Thumbnails Hidden Nitrous on LS1-tb1.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-tb2.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-tb5.jpg   Hidden Nitrous on LS1-tb9.jpg  
Old 02-27-2014, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Prychka
I used to work at a race fabrication shop. I learn how to do a lot of things there. This is a little nitrous kid I put together on my lt1 caprice cop car..

It was fully hidden, I had a little bolt of engine cover in the back that cover the lines and custom part of the intake.. I also mounted the purge tube facing down very low on the inner firewall, practically down by the ground. I ran the purge into the horn, set the rear defrost and the arming switch and had a Wide Open Throttle switch hooked up to work it. The purge would not run the horn and I would only purge while doing a burnout so the sound and nitrous cloud were hidden by the exhaust noise and tire smoke..
Are the discharges on those nozzles pointed at each other? How well did it work not being able to atomize the fuel?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

it was just a little hidden 100 shot and it worked fine, gave me a lil extra umph when I needed it. they were not pointed at each other, and they were facing that way for the picture, they were facing away of each other when finally set
Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Teching In

I had mine on my 96 hidden. It was nice. Getting ready to do my 02 thinking about doing the same.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you want to be sneaky, see if you can Y in a couple of small bottles and have them hidden in the door bottoms. 2 small bottles feeding to a y then going thru the speaker wire loom between the door and body, then under the dash and thru to the back of the intake and under to a dry shot. Solenoid at the back of the intake and painted black where no one can see it, and improvise a fogger into the intake tract somehow.

Quick Reply: Hidden Nitrous on LS1