Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry DP questions......to ponder....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedBaron
I believe dry shots to be superior to wet shots but to say that you'll need no fine tuning is a little misguided (on large shots). People who really need a dry direct port over a simple single nozzle dry shot are spraying much larger than a 300HP shot, and at those levels variations between cylinders can become more pronounced. There's a reason why BS3 allows individual tuning per cylinder....
True, but who on this site is running bigger than a 300 shot. We are talking street/strip cars that 98% of the guys on this site run. If you want to go see what the big dogs that do run over 300 are using check out yellowbullet.com.
Anything can be taken out of context. I assure you that if you were to hook 8EGTs you would see that a DP Dry at 300rwhp will in fact have closer cylinder temps that a tuned DP Wet. That's with out individual cylinder tuning on the dry, (remember it's the fuel supply for the n2o on wet hits that cause the problems). Now if you want even closer numbers, then a stand alone like BS3 could be used, but not really needed at our levels, IMO. Mostly the guys that run 500hp multi stage DP Dry hits are absolute dedicated race cars that will be torn down and check mucho often, and do run controllers for individual cylinder tuning. If I had the $$ I would have EGTs set-up for each cylinder, however, I could only afford one at this time, lol. I know Al has run 8 of them and has posted some screen captures, and maybe it was one of his dry set-ups. Though the info I am basing my contentions on is from another source, not only my personal experience. Al where are ya buddy?
Robert
Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
True, but who on this site is running bigger than a 300 shot. We are talking street/strip cars that 98% of the guys on this site run. If you want to go see what the big dogs that do run over 300 are using check out yellowbullet.com.
Anything can be taken out of context. I assure you that if you were to hook 8EGTs you would see that a DP Dry at 300rwhp will in fact have closer cylinder temps that a tuned DP Wet. That's with out individual cylinder tuning on the dry, (remember it's the fuel supply for the n2o on wet hits that cause the problems). Now if you want even closer numbers, then a stand alone like BS3 could be used, but not really needed at our levels, IMO. Mostly the guys that run 500hp multi stage DP Dry hits are absolute dedicated race cars that will be torn down and check mucho often, and do run controllers for individual cylinder tuning. If I had the $$ I would have EGTs set-up for each cylinder, however, I could only afford one at this time, lol. I know Al has run 8 of them and has posted some screen captures, and maybe it was one of his dry set-ups. Though the info I am basing my contentions on is from another source, not only my personal experience. Al where are ya buddy?
Robert
I agree with you.... I think 383LQ4SS was running a progressive wet DP while logging EGTs. I think NEXT was using BS3 to tune his huge dry shot and was having good results. I think the only way the nitrous guys will be able to compete with the FI guys is to use a dry DP with individual cylinder tuning via BS3 or FAST ect...
Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with you.... I think 383LQ4SS was running a progressive wet DP while logging EGTs. I think NEXT was using BS3 to tune his huge dry shot and was having good results. I think the only way the nitrous guys will be able to compete with the FI guys is to use a dry DP with individual cylinder tuning via BS3 or FAST ect...
By the way, I think the BS3 is incompatable with running a dry DP for individual cyl tuning, whereas, the FAST EFI controller does have the ability to control individual injectors.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 02-29-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

I know a guy that might be going to a DRY direct port and a FAST computer.

I also heard he got 300lbs out of the car.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

By the way, I think the BS3 is incompatable with running a dry DP, whereas, the FAST EFI controller does have the ability to control individual injectors.
Robert
You can run a dry DP with BS3 its just not designed specifically for it like the FAST DFI and is more of a track only setup...
Old 02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ATVracr

That's going to be badass! What are the goals for the car?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

That's going to be badass! What are the goals for the car?
2 stages and looking for 5.4's or better in the 1/8th on Radials.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ATVracr

I think I know a guy that's going to be going pretty quick/fast if that the case.

I was going to try for a Dry DP 350 hit on mine, however, I may have hurt it the last time out, on the 300rwhp shot, not sure yet. Damn, this **** cost some $$.
Robert
Old 02-29-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can run a dry DP with BS3 its just not designed specifically for it like the FAST DFI and is more of a track only setup...
Yea, I know (fixed the statement), but then we might as well stay with the factory PCM and run the new compatible 80lb injectors if need be.
Robert
Old 03-01-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by VH5150
Say I wanted to do it.... I already have the pnp racetronix harness & fuel pump.. All I would need is the injectors, BAP, nozzlels, noids ect...

So the question is what injectors do/would i need to support say 1k rwhp?? 1k just to be safe.. If the inj. are low impd. I would need a driver box like the AEM along w/ the racetronix harness... I have efilive so I could do the cos5 option.. What do you guys think??

Do you think my 01 fuel system is up to the task?? w/ a bap & racetronix setup.

thanks...
I don't know if ya have a Vette or not, but my buddy and his stock Walbro and a BAP has supported 700rwhp, so depending on your goals. Also, in my web is fuel system up grade write up, f-bod write up to be added this week end.
Robert
Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I know a guy that's going to be going pretty quick/fast if that the case.

I was going to try for a Dry DP 350 hit on mine, however, I may have hurt it the last time out, on the 300rwhp shot, not sure yet. Damn, this **** cost some $$.
Robert
Damn Robert,

You sure seem to be hurting it alot. lol

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 03-02-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see no issues with running a dry directport. I actually like them. I just feel it is useless as a directport if you can not tune each individual cylinder.

Dave