Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

length of nitrous lines

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default length of nitrous lines

I got a used NX nitrous kit with a fogger nozzle. it has 2 lines going it the nozzle one for gas and other for nitrous but they are not the same length is that for a reason or should they be the same length fuel line is about 12" and the nitrous line is about 18" what do you all think.....
Old 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt it will make a noticeable difference, if anything it would be a bit rich for a fraction of a second.

You can also shorten the one line and reflare it, problem solved
Old 03-07-2008, 05:26 AM
TECH Addict

You can get new custom length lines from any of the vendors (Dynotune, Nitrous Outlet, or HSW). Generally the shorter line would be for the fuel as that is lower pressure and will travel slower than the Nitrous.

A few of the venders have different color fittings and even different color hoses as well.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Teching In

I just ran into the same thing with my new HSW kit. It's like Beer said. The nitrous line is longer to reduce the lean spike from the nitrous.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by neals98
I got a used NX nitrous kit with a fogger nozzle. it has 2 lines going it the nozzle one for gas and other for nitrous but they are not the same length is that for a reason or should they be the same length fuel line is about 12" and the nitrous line is about 18" what do you all think.....
They probably did that to cut a lean spike out. You should be fine using those lines.

-Chris
Old 03-10-2008, 11:16 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Actually, most kits do that because the fuel solenoid is on one side of the intake and the nitrous solenoid is on the other. One has to be longer to reach around the intake and go into the nozzle. The difference in length is negligible and will not make a difference

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Quick Reply: length of nitrous lines