Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does a shorter fuel line help a lean spike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 385 Likes on 282 Posts

Default How much does a shorter fuel line help a lean spike?

I've read about the lean spike problems with nitrous and am wondering how much a shorter fuel line from the solenoid to the nozzle can actually help. My old setup went a little lean on initial hit, but not nearly as much as some others I have seen so we went with a bigger fuel jet to band aid the problem which made it rich at high rpm. That was pulling from the rail and my fuel pressure would drop on initial hit and then climb back up to about 58 psi. Now I have a dedicated fuel system so I think that will help a little, but am also considering a shorter fuel line from the solenoid to the nozzle. Right now I have 18" lines from both nitrous and fuel to the plate. If I use a 12" line on the fuel will it even make any difference?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shorting the line can and will make a difference. How much of a difference can vary. Before you give that a shot i would see what kind of spike you have on your dedicated system. I seriously doubt it will be anything serious. Leans spikes will happen, you just want to try to minimize how high and long they go for.

Quick Reply: How much does a shorter fuel line help a lean spike?